OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by xcaliber »

amythntr wrote:
xcaliber wrote:I'm with you on many fronts Matt. Getting older, capable of less than I'm used too, and scared to death of loosing what i have left. I'm still in good shape, work out as much as possible, and don't sit still. I put my eye sight way up there in terms of things I appreciate, right next to my libido. :lol: :lol: Just funning! My eye sight comes in second! :shock: Again, poking the dog! Anyway, have faith, there are many here pulling for you, and you are a good man, God has that in mind. Do what the Doc says, rest up, and stay strong. What happens is what happens, and you'll pull through it. I'm hoping better than you expect!
Damn Good Luck to You Matt!
.....If I were you Dan....I would rank your Arsesole up there at number one....because if that don't work you will quickly find out that no other part(s) of your body will function well for too long....hence the story of "all the parts of the body arguing over who should be boss!"....I'm sure you have heard that one! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
True, yet unfortunate. The arsehole does run the brain in effect, not the other way around as one should hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Continued prayers of Hope and Healing... God bless.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Just finished packing again.
Likely be pacing most of the night though...

Once More Into The Breech. :shock:
We're off in the early, slice and dice eye show tomorrow.

Here's hopin'! :wink:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Good luck Matt!
rayman

Post by rayman »

The important question nog, how did you do offshore fishing the day of your blowout? More salmon sharks? :)

I would be a total basket case. Hopes and prayers man!!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

rayman wrote:The important question nog, how did you do offshore fishing the day of your blowout? More salmon sharks? :)
Not too bad. Mo sharks that time of year, but probably later on if I can get back out there...

Well, I went through the second surgery on the macula hole on the 6th. Just today am able to sit upright, having spent every day (and night) since then facing the floor and not moving for 22 of 24 hours a day. Was a bit of a trial, and damn happy that part is over now!! :shock:

We won't know how successful the 2nd surgery was for about 10 more days or so. The gas bubble in the eye is still present, and impossible to see through. Surgeon said the operation went well, so there is room for hope.

Depending on how that shakes out, the third (and hopefully final) surgery to deal with the cataracts these surgeries created will be done.

Long road. Still damn worried, but trying to remain hopeful.

Actually been practicing sighting the bow & rifle with my left eye (off the right shoulder) just in case. Certainly hope it doesn't come down to that!! Damned AWKWARD!! :(

Jury is out for a spell yet it seems...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Good to here your able to get up and around now!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

mr meat wrote:Good to here your able to get up and around now!
My "home" for FAR too many hours over the past week:

Developed during the Inquisition I am certain! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thoughts and prayers for you buddy! Been thinking about you a lot waiting to hear news. I'm real glad the doc said it went well. Hang in there. :D ......I'm back to working day and night so feel free to call anytime you're feeling stir crazy. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
rayman

Post by rayman »

That drink looks like a Makers & coke :)
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

rayman wrote:That drink looks like a Makers & coke :)
OLD Appleton's Rum, Water, Ice & a dribble of coke :wink:

Yum! Made the situation slightly more tolerable... :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
rayman

Post by rayman »

Also looks like the dog is trying to do it's part to be supportive. Darn things know when everything's not perfect.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

rayman wrote:... Darn things know when everything's not perfect.
My Big Boy has been following me everywhere, lying right beside me all the time, guards the door to whatever room I am in and more. Gotta Love that Rascal... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
Boo

Post by Boo »

Matt, do you have to be in that sucker all day? Where do you sleep? :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Boo wrote:Matt, do you have to be in that sucker all day? Where do you sleep? :shock:
Don, I just spoke to Nog a little while ago and it seems that was the penalty box for 22 hours a day. :shock: I suggested we change his Ironoggin handle to 'TenderVealGuy'....I think Matt prefers the original. :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.