Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
flightattendant100

Re: OT: A Fine & Proper SCARE!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:Matt, do you have to be in that sucker all day? Where do you sleep? :shock:
The masseuse' is on the way me hopes. Buddy that had this procedure done had a mirror gizmo so he could watch TV. Hope all is on the mend. In my thoughts and prayers.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:Matt, do you have to be in that sucker all day?
Had to be pretty well all day alright. Was a tough row to hoe!
Where do you sleep? :shock:
Had another brace for the bed. Head hangs over the edge of the bed into it:

Managed to get about 2 hours sleep at a time due to being completely exhausted. Not the most comfortable thing I've endured...

Thankfully that part has run it's course and the equipment has been packed up for the next customer... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

You got me thinking about some of my long guns Matt! Loosened a molar with one of them! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:You got me thinking about some of my long guns Matt! Loosened a molar with one of them! :shock:
LOL! Sighted in my 300 Weatherby with some pretty hot loads last summer.
Buddy wanted to give it a try.
Could not hit paper with the 3rd round and his eyes watered for a full day afterwards!
Impressive Horsepower!! :wink:

SawBones said No Go to the heavy hitters.
Paul kindly steered me towards the Khantrol Muzzle Brakes which clamp on rather than thread. With a 2,000 dollar custom barrel on the 300, there is No Way I will ever have it threaded. Brake on the way... :D

And I can handle all the jokes about not being "Man Enough" to take the recoil. Been doing just that for over 40 years... Time for a respite it seems...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Matt, let me throw some of my juiced up loads into my .375 H&H and remove the break.....I guarantee none of those guys would shoot it and say they're manly enough to not want the break on the muzzle! :mrgreen: :lol:
Hang in there buddy!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote: Hang in there buddy!
LOL! I offered the exact same thing on one of the hunting forums here lately.
Handful of braggarts were jumping all over one poor fellow regarding his decision to use a brake. Two were going on about 220 grain loads in the 338's and how if they could deal with it, anyone else should be able to too.

So, I suggested they try on my pet Gizz load - (over max, do NOT use! My rifle is modified specifically to handle!!) 220 grain Nosler Partitions above 84 grains of 4831. Guaranteed to Rock Your World!! :lol:
Oddly enough, none of them offered to take me up on it, and the posturing stopped pretty well immediately! :wink:

I am indeed hanging in my Friend!
Getting closer to Conclusion Day every minute.
Decided regardless of how it shakes out, I ain't laying down either my bow nor my rifle...

Cheers,
Nog
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote: Hang in there buddy!
LOL! I offered the exact same thing on one of the hunting forums here lately.
Handful of braggarts were jumping all over one poor fellow regarding his decision to use a brake. Two were going on about 220 grain loads in the 338's and how if they could deal with it, anyone else should be able to too.

So, I suggested they try on my pet Gizz load - (over max, do NOT use! My rifle is modified specifically to handle!!) 220 grain Nosler Partitions above 84 grains of 4831. Guaranteed to Rock Your World!! :lol:
Oddly enough, none of them offered to take me up on it, and the posturing stopped pretty well immediately! :wink:

I am indeed hanging in my Friend!
Getting closer to Conclusion Day every minute.
Decided regardless of how it shakes out, I ain't laying down either my bow nor my rifle...

Cheers,
Nog
Great attitude Matt, life's too short! Hope you get back to what you love with as many working parts as the Lord permits, and you live a long happy & full life!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Remember, (or look up) "Karamojo" Bell when you start worrying about not being able to use your favorite rifle.

His rifle was a 7mm Mauser, and he used it for shooting elephants. As I recall, he was a professional hunter doing cull shooting. It wasn't that he didn't have other choices--he just preferred his 7mm. It did the job, over and over again. A bigger or faster bullet doesn't change dead into deader.

I have a 378 Weatherby. The biggest animal I ever shot with it was a whitetail deer. The only way I now hunt is in archery season. If I ever go firearms hunting again, it'll be with my 7.62x39. I value my eyesight too much (what I have left) to take a chance on damaging it with a heavy recoil rifle.

Best wishes, and take care to follow your doctor's advice.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Next Report:

Met again with the surgeon yesterday.
Bubble in the eye has shrunk perhaps 2/3's now, so I "tested" what I could "see" the day before. Suffice it to say, my nerves were so bad following that I actually was puking in the am...

After a careful exam, the SawBones said: I am more than pleased with your results at this early date. You are responding within the top 5%. The hole in the macula was successfully repaired, and overall the retina and macula look very good considering the type of failure you had. Every single one of the symptoms you've described are to be exactly expected with this type of operation. All of these will get better with time. The tissues involved are incredibly delicate and sensitive, they do not heal up overnight, but rather over a period of time...

Next surgery being scheduled.
Large weight lifted off my shoulders.
Still concerned, but had the Hope re-instilled. :wink:

Many Many Thanks to all who have offered Support & Prayers!
Very much seems to be making a positive difference!!

Onwards & Upwards... 8)

Cheers,
Nog
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great news to here things are getting better!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Matt, this is indeed awesome news and a great way to start off the Boofest weeken. CContinued prayers for a FULL recovery....and maybe a chance to venture back east one of these times and show the flatlanders what's what at the BOOFEST 100. :lol:
Congratulations buddy, I'm genuinely relieved and very happy for you. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.