Bear Camp 2017 At My Place

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Bear Camp 2017 At My Place

Post by janesy »

I would be honoured to just be considered for the short list.
I was up to Temagami (Sharp rock inlet) two weekends ago, and I was humbled, and still am, at the vast beauty of that place.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Big John

Post by Big John »

After over 20 years at my place in Temagami I still find something new everytime I go. When you leave there you are rejuvenated and ready to face what life throws at you. Seems life throws me and my family alot, so , I need to go more often!
I may start considering renting the place out a few times a season. Between May and October.
Just to help cover costs to keep it.
Cant wait for Bear Camp this season! I really hope I can bag the Big Boar! I want a nice rug this time. And it has to be Big!!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I will never forget my first Bear sighting while in my climber @ Bear camp. I was sitting there enjoying the woods when all of a sudden I caught moment to my right. It was. 200plus pound bear standing under my tree. Talk about a rush of adrenaline :).I iwas amazed that an animal that size makes virtually no noise when walking through the woods. This made me pay very close attention while in my stand...:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Big John

Post by Big John »

That Bear was more like 250 lbs.!!
And you are very correct about their silence!
Many times over they have snuck in and watched and we had no clue they were there!
And we come back and say, nah, there was no Bears there! LOL!!!

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Big John

Post by Big John »

Was up at the cottage on the weekend for my Youngest Daughter Graduation from Nipissing Univer. Did some target shooting in the yard with the Bulldog 380. Beauty bow!!! Very smooth and fast . Did some driving up and down the logging roads and seen couple real nice Blackies!! About 250 lbs. Beauty.
Went to dump when we left and had one come right to 5 ft of my truck to get garbage and my wife Tracey got so scared she jumped clean out of mt truck box and slamned the door closed!!! LOL ! But she hurt her knee a bit and I kinda felt bad. But for a second it was funny to watch.
Anyway, the bears are there and waiting!!

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm excited for you guys, have a blast, and post pics! Good Luck to all of you boys in the camp! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Awesome!!! Will be a great week of bows and bears... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.