Excalibur's most needed item

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Excalibur's most needed item

Post by SEW »

A new cocking device!!

Many of the most popular Excalibur xbows have cocking weights greater than 250#. All 3 of mine range from a reported 260-290#. I wonder what the Micro 355 really is after having used a Gen 335 for a while.
People often come to the crossbow world due to shoulder injuries which resulted from shooting vertical bows with higher poundage. Fortunately for me, I'm not in that group having stuck with 50-60# verticals thru the present. I can still draw a 75# vertical due to the fact that I don't, and haven't shot near that weight in the past except for 1 year.
Fast forward to xbows. If we think shoulders are delicate, consider the vertebrae in our backs: especially, aging backs.

I have some suggestions.
1)If you feel slightly strained after cocking your Excalibur, consider the DR STIRRUP Stirrup and rope cocker. 2 feet, the geometry involved, and being able to cock with your legs all greatly reduce the stress involved.
2) If you still feel any strain using the Dr Stirrup, go on to the C-2 cocker AND PRESERVE your back. You'll need that back for the rest of your life.
3) If you need the C-2 cocker(I use it for every shot on my 380,400,405 except for a second cocking when in the woods), PRESSURE Excalibur to come up with a more user friendly, possibly stock mountable cocker. Even no change other than a locking lever rather than that screw-in bolt would help.

Jump on this thread and let Excalibur know there is an interest in a more user friendly crank cocker.

PS I'm in my 70's now and take pride that I can still rope cock my 405. By not routinely doing that very thing, I hope to keep that ability for a long time.
Carnivorous

Re: Excalibur's most needed item

Post by Carnivorous »

New improved C3 crank coming to an archery store near you this summer..:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The C2 isn't the tightest tolerance crank either. Other than bein removeable its a real pia! I have to use mine on my Micro 355, i also use it on my Micro 335. I am able to rope cock my 380, my C2 does not fit the Custom wood stock it has. Other than sight-in my 380 i hang it n the Micro's on the Wall til huntin season gets here. I shoot my Pipsqueak all yr
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I am 5'4" - 155# - 60 years old, and have had back and hernia surgeries.
I went with the Matrix 310 for my first crossbow and am glad I did.
I can target shoot all afternoon without any problems and the 310 has no problem harvesting white tail tick toters for me. (2 so far)
I also have a regular Matrix riser that I can swap out and have a 330 if I am hunting in an area that offers a shot out to 50 yards. After about 20 shots with the 330 I can start to feel my back complain so I only sight it in and hunt with it. It only takes a few clicks on the scope to adjust between the 310 and 330 risers.
I used to have a Matrix 355 but was unable to comfortably cock it by hand.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am disabled and unable to cock bow while standing and cocking while sitting i must keep one foot on the ground to aid in stability(yes, even while sitting) so a cocker that would work with a y25 stock sure would be nice :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I'll be buying it when it comes out. The only time I use a rope cocker is for hunting
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I'll be 75 in July, and still cock my Equinox with rope cocker, 225 lbs. but it is getting harder every year, when I have to go to c-2 I will probably hang it up. :(

Dave :shock:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

[quote="BrotherRon"]I am 5'4" - 155# - 60 years old, and have had back and hernia surgeries.
I went with the Matrix 310 for my first crossbow and am glad I did.
I can target shoot all afternoon without any problems and the 310 has no problem harvesting white tail tick toters for me. (2 so far)
I also have a regular Matrix riser that I can swap out and have a 330 if I am hunting in an area that offers a shot out to 50 yards. After about 20 shots with the 330 I can start to feel my back complain so I only sight it in and hunt with it. It only takes a few clicks on the scope to adjust between the 310 and 330 risers.
I used to have a Matrix 355 but was unable to comfortably cock it by hand.[/quote]

....everything in the highlighted first sentence is ME, except i was born at 155lbs :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....The C2 , although helpful does not have a 100% idiot proof lock down mechanism....I have had it damage my brand new Crossbones Scope Bell....now I have to be ultra careful when cocking....it definitely needs some improvement!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
roly

Post by roly »

At 65 I'm still able to rope cock my micro 355, but it requires a different technique than my equinox.

Rushing to get to my stand last winter I really hurt my back cocking it because of bad form. So I think a new improved cocking device is in my future.

Just hope it is new and improved.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can guess it will based off the Ten Pt's accudraw. Accudraw's patient runs out in about 10 days
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

I believe that the difficulty , for many, of cocking the more popular Excal xbows is a detriment to their sales. The C-2 cocking mechanism is more cumbersome than many want to deal with. I think something that can fit into the Bulldog, Matrix and Micro stocks could really enhance sales of these xbows AND the sale of a lot of these cockers.
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

You can send your stock to Dave at Wyverns Creations and have a accu draw mounted to your stock. It is a little expensive but it works wonderfully.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

the c2 wore the finish off my 380 just had re dipped in a wolf pattern
SEW

Post by SEW »

Mark Rainbolt wrote:You can send your stock to Dave at Wyverns Creations and have a accu draw mounted to your stock. It is a little expensive but it works wonderfully.
God Bless,
Mark
Even for the 400 & 405? Surely, the design is for much lower poundage. I expect David W. wouldn't mount it unless he was satisfied with its safety. I'll call him.
Thanks,
Steve