Sound suppression

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Sound suppression

Post by amythntr »

....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

amythntr wrote:....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

I'm convinced this is the problem, when it's a problem. I sound test my arrows. Quietest yet: SK200 & 300, Schwacker or FOCs. Vented fixed broadheads are fairly noisy. Some expandible BHs are noisy, including one of my favorites, Spitfires.
That stated, I still use Blazers, FOCs and 175g Xbow Tricks(have a large supply - the 175s are discontinued).
Last edited by SEW on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

SEW wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I have heard that the deer hear the noise from the incoming arrow approaching them...correct or fallacy?

I'm convinced this is the problem, when it's a problem. I sound test my arrows. Quietest yet: SK200 & 300, Schwacker or FOCs. Vented fixed broadheads are fairly noisy. Some expandible BHs are fIrly noisy, including one of my favorites, Spitfires.
That stated, I still use Blazers, FOCs and 175g Xbow Tricks(have a large supply - the 175s are discontinued).

I have for the last 3yrs developed a kazoo in my shed...er LAB that has sound eliminating properties. I blow it when I pull the trigger. tested on targets they don't move. Tested on 3 deer they looked around like WTF is that ..then bam jump jump flop. This was at 30yrds YMMV.. SO for 27.91 plus tax shipping and 14.37 handling fee I can send you a shed...er lab tested kazoo in CAMO. That through my testing has eliminated inflight arrow noise..you order today I will also send a small bag of wilderness blessed chicken bones . Just shake em when you get on the stand. Makes your hunting mojo...mucho. Order now while supplies last. Just pay separate handling fee for bones(22.14).
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

So where do I send the check?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Arrowflinger wrote:So where do I send the check?

......before I send my good hard earned cash....you have not provided answers to the most pressing, unanswered questions :?: :?: ....How many ounces of wilderness blessed chicken bones are in the small bag, what wilderness are those chickenbones from (northern, southern, eastern or western?)....and you left the most important question unanswered....are those chicken bones from one chicken or multiple chickens?

.......mom raised no fool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I found if you wrap your thumb with an ace bandage and leave it sticking up at the bottom of the rail, it really keeps things toned down.
janesy

Post by janesy »

FORVOLS wrote:
I have for the last 3yrs developed a kazoo in my shed...er LAB that has sound eliminating properties. I blow it when I pull the trigger. tested on targets they don't move. Tested on 3 deer they looked around like WTF is that ..then bam jump jump flop. This was at 30yrds YMMV.. SO for 27.91 plus tax shipping and 14.37 handling fee I can send you a shed...er lab tested kazoo in CAMO. That through my testing has eliminated inflight arrow noise..you order today I will also send a small bag of wilderness blessed chicken bones . Just shake em when you get on the stand. Makes your hunting mojo...mucho. Order now while supplies last. Just pay separate handling fee for bones(22.14).
Ok so I'll admit... I honestly thought you were serious there, and had to read that three times.

I thought to myself, ok Janesy, You have bought gimmick products before... But this guy's crazy if he thinks I'll be walking around the woods with a camo kazoo.
Then I got a swift knock in the forehead and it all makes sense. Good one!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Do you hear the grasshopper at your foot? -Master Po
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

amythntr wrote:
Arrowflinger wrote:So where do I send the check?

......before I send my good hard earned cash....you have not provided answers to the most pressing, unanswered questions :?: :?: ....How many ounces of wilderness blessed chicken bones are in the small bag, what wilderness are those chickenbones from (northern, southern, eastern or western?)....and you left the most important question unanswered....are those chicken bones from one chicken or multiple chickens?

.......mom raised no fool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Sorry Anthony,

Just sold my last bag of chicken bones to a "new to hunting" guy from San Francisco city :wink: :wink: ..But I do have available title to bridge out there (part of the trade for chicken bones)... :D
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

janesy,

Glad you enjoyed it. :)
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Same here... When I remove my hearing aids my Ibex and new Micro sound like the wind...
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Deaf jeff wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:Well said. I've taken deer out to forty yards and haven't had one jump the string. Which is a misnomer because deer have to bunch up before they can jump. So if you're worried, aim a bit lower. Quicker blood trails and faster bleeding out. Besides, being deaf, my beast sounds kinda quiet to me. :wink:
Hank
being deaf surely helps with sound(27 years experience in this department). sound dampening on crossbows is overrated imo.
no deer i have shot has ever complained

I feel you... When I take my hearing aids out my Ibex and new Micro sound like the wind...