New Matrix Riser String Distance from Suppressors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wolverine

New Matrix Riser String Distance from Suppressors

Post by Wolverine »

I have the new riser assembly on my Matrix 380, the string is about a ½" away from the R.E.D.S. Suppressors, even without any twists in the string. Is this correct? I know with the old riser I always adjusted the string so it was about a string width back from the suppressors but I can't even come close to this.
longbow joe

Re: New Matrix Riser String Distance from Suppressors

Post by longbow joe »

It will certainly stretch. Just shoot it. No worries. Half inch is still ok. . I set a new string a half inch and in a day or so it settles to a quarter .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

I had some warranty work done by Danny Miller recently. The bow came back with new limbs, the new riser assembly and a new string. The new string was a good inch and a half off bumpers. Scared to shoot it that way since just had limb problems. Tried leaving it cocked overnite to see if it would stretch . No luck.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

I received the new riser assembly several months ago and thought by the time this spring got here and I started shooting, the brace height would be pretty close but I don't think the string stretched hardly at all. I've shot the bow about 25-30 times and the string is still ½" away from the suppressors. String doesn't have any twists in it at all, is there a minimum number I need to have in the string?
Thanks
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Get you a Flemish string from one of the guys on the Forum and you will be ok. They are on the trading post . you might want to get a couple.
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My vixen and ibex do not stretch a string. But micro,matrix 330 and 355 do a number on em.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.