chopper challenge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: chopper challenge

Post by SEW »

amythntr wrote:
one shot scott wrote:This kind of advertising is neat in small doses but I fear excal is doing it often enough that its becoming....old?

I would rather see a segment where Excalibur brings up past concerns/issues and lists the changes made to make the bow better and more dependable for the customer. That shows honesty and an ability to adapt that I find admirable in a company. In the past few years Excalibur has made a lot of positive changes. Matrix did change everything, there are so many points to sell on!

& don't side-step the "sensitive" issues, and don't point out "flaws" of other companies equipment. In my experience it just turns people off. Thats my 2 cents from this Excalibur fan, but I aint in the marketing business.
....OSS you stated my sentiments exactly....I would add, "people in glass houses should not throw stones" to the mix......If one had to make a decision to buy or not buy an Excalibur based upon 2 pieces of information (whether true or apparent) and those two pieces were; 1- the bow was dropped from a chopper and survived and, 2- the bow has had a history of known limb failures I wonder what potential buyers would view as the most compelling in making their decision?

.....I bought and own an Excalibur because of:

1. the best warranty in the business, bar none,
2. consistent "dead on" accuracy,
3. ease of use (simplicity),
4. ability to work on my own bow in the field and not have to run to a bow shop when something is amiss, and
5. a great forum where people can get answers to their questions and obtain information from experienced users, NOT

because of the "marketing hype!"

Anthony :)
Agree totally!

Post by newbie »

Heck if it will survive a fall from a chopper.... my truck is nò big deal....:mrgreen:
it will DEFINITELY make me buy anudder :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Heck if it will survive a fall from a chopper.... my truck is nò big deal....:mrgreen:
it will DEFINITELY make me buy anudder :wink:
.....Truck, Excalibur or Chopper Mikey? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I just watched the Chopper drop....I stand by what I previously said.....not impressed and feel it was not necessary...Excalibur is the best crossbow out there, we all know that....and we do our job as unpaid salesmen for the company selling the Excalibur name and the company's no BS warranty....

....I would prefer Excal using that marketing money to show the non-Excal owners all of the benefits of the Excalibur CB in real life; utilizing "in the field" and "at the range" real life situations....possibly showing and using some of the accessories....using real life hunters (possibly Paulaboutform, Boo and Newbie in an infomercial) ...proving to those people that the Excalibur recurve is far from "yesterday's" technology.....

BTW, if you want to show a real drop at 100 feet how 'bout on concrete pavement :shock: :lol: :lol:

.....JMTC.....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

amythntr wrote:.....I just watched the Chopper drop....I stand by what I previously said.....not impressed and feel it was not necessary...Excalibur is the best crossbow out there, we all know that....and we do our job as unpaid salesmen for the company selling the Excalibur name and the company's no BS warranty....

....I would prefer Excal using that marketing money to show the non-Excal owners all of the benefits of the Excalibur CB in real life; utilizing "in the field" and "at the range" real life situations....possibly showing and using some of the accessories....using real life hunters (possibly Paulaboutform, Boo and Newbie in an infomercial) ...proving to those people that the Excalibur recurve is far from "yesterday's" technology.....

BTW, if you want to show a real drop at 100 feet how 'bout on concrete pavement :shock: :lol: :lol:

.....JMTC.....

I really dislike :evil: seeing a great product belittled by a marketing gimmick.
amythntr wrote:BTW, if you want to show a real drop at 100 feet how 'bout on concrete pavement :shock: :lol: :lol:
For some reason when I'm in a tree stand my bow is always cocked :shock: and loaded :shock:. Show us the worst case scenario :shock: get the host to toss a loaded bow out of a tree stand landing onto rocky frozen ground not some soft mucky swampy wet spot :mrgreen: .

Czy_Horse
MicroMan355

Post by MicroMan355 »

Thumbs up to Dan Wallace and the folks at Excalibur Crossbows for their efforts with the destruction challenge. Keep it coming for those of us who are interested. :wink:
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

I think my limbs musta got dropped out of the chopper before they sent them to me . They started splintering within 40 shots. The first set I got 2800 shots on them in less than a years time . I don't think these are gonna make it to 2800 . So yeah all this hoopla bout the chopper challenge is a bummer to me . Oh well , they'll be warranted . :(
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR