Sighting in Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sirwill

Sighting in Micro

Post by sirwill »

For some reason the new micro was all over the bag at 50yrds. 20/40yrds like a tack. On the next round of dialing -in I will work on the issue at 50. If resolved sight in the last pin at 60yrds.
Last edited by sirwill on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Re: Sighting in Mico

Post by vixenmaster »

You shootin several arrows or jus one ? Shootin good from 20-40 yds n then 50 yds its all over the place. Pick one arrow n shoot it see if'en goes all over. 1st take a markin pen n put a blk dot on 1 vane, that one will go down in arrow slot fer every shot. If'en it still goes all over you have more than arrow trouble
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sirwill

Re: Sighting in Mico

Post by sirwill »

Sorry for the type O. I was shooting three arrow groups. After some adjustment to the Dead Zone scope 20 through 40 were tight considering the shooting table (tall backed chair). I then skipped forty and tried 50 and one almost missed the bag. I have never had a Excalibur change that much from 40 to 50. I'm guessing it was me and will finish sighting in this weekend out to 60yrds.
vixenmaster

Re: Sighting in Micro

Post by vixenmaster »

I do all of my shootin wid one arrow, i get it right then shoot it at all yardages to make sure its right. Then i start tunin in my other arrows to get them as close to my #1 arrow as i can.
Half Bubble Off BD360

hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I agree with mike. Use one arrow to sight in. Although it's weird that at fifty yards you're so far off. What arrows are you using? How are you finding the draw weight?
Hank
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

I'm using the factory quills and tips. I'm starting to be leave it was simply me with a poor shooting bench, I will try again this weekend and post a fallow-up. I find the draw weight not bad at all. The short power-stroke really helps. I'm guessing after 30/50 shots it would be time for a break/rest though...
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

vixenmaster wrote:I do all of my shootin wid one arrow, i get it right then shoot it at all yardages to make sure its right. Then i start tunin in my other arrows to get them as close to my #1 arrow as i can.
I do this same thing.......it stinks though.. when the first arrow you picked is the one that flies different from all the rest. :lol:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

True very true. I remember back a few yrs ago. I got in dz GT II shafts fletched them up. Did the 1 arrow thing n none of the rest hit close enuff to match fer huntin. I ended up havin to sight in several diff times. As only 2 or 3 would stay wid-in a 4"group at 30/35 yds :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Had the same experience with GT IIs in the past. Their NITROs are pretty good (it's a re-maketed Laser 4) as they are really stiff like a BEA Zombie, but that's about it from them for me. I like them for bigger game as they are 14GPI, but they are not as accurate as a Zombie. But I do like the weight system. Really let's you get exactly what you want.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Great info from everyone... My compound can be very fussy with arrows but never any of my trusted Excaliburs... In time , I may look into Beman arrows and see what they make for Bolts... I have had nothing but great results with Beman arrows with my compound.