Excalibur xact cut deal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Excalibur xact cut deal

Post by longbow joe »

I went to an estate sale this sat.l wish l woulda got there an hour earlier .There was sopossed to be a lot of archery gear there. Anyway l got 5 unopened packs of xact cuts for 20 dollars. So l guess l can put my beloved spitfire on hold this year. Does any buddy have any encouraging words about them .l know they work just interested in some personal experiences .l normally use a 125 grain with a 110 insert but the 25 grain difference dosnt sway me with the 100 xact.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Re: Excalibur xact cut deal

Post by Boo »

I've shot them into targets and with 110 inserts, they will fly really well. I cant say how well they'll kill first hand but I can tell you that they've been used in Africa with good results. They only negative I've heard is that on big animals, the blades sometimes bend.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Longbow joe too poor to hunt cape buffalo or elephants.Plus too far a plane ride.To be fair this things actually look tougher than my spitfires.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Scotty_X2

Post by Scotty_X2 »

I have used these for Turkeys the last few years. No issues, they are very accurate.
Wolverine
Phoenix
Matrix 355
Matrix Cub
Micro 335
GRZ2
Bulldog 330
janesy

Post by janesy »

I put the same head through 5/8 plywood numerous times at 25 yards. Most times it did not penetrate past the blades. But the head never bent and the blades although dull as anything, remained straight enough you had to look hard to see any damage.
In my limited opinion, they are a solid broadhead.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme