Long range shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Long range shooters

Post by LongCarbine »

I'm working to extend my hunting range another 5 yards or so . I've been shooting at 65 yards ( that's not what I'll shoot a deer at) from field positions . Pretty much 1-2 inches left to right but from 1 inch high to up to 4 inches low . I have a Tac-zone scope and I think my eye wonders to the point on top of triangle and causes the lower shots . Anyone have any thoughts or ideas that could help me.
Thanks Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Arrowflinger

Re: Long range shooters

Post by Arrowflinger »

Focus ,focus ........................or upgrade scope?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Arrowflinger wrote:..or upgrade scope?
Yeah I thought of that but I upgraded my camp this year so I might have to wait on the scope up grade :D
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

The groups you're describing with the TacZone are excellent. Improving that group with that scope would be a real challenge. To extend that range you may want to look into an HHA Optimizer along with a better scope. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

paulaboutform wrote:The groups you're describing with the TacZone are excellent. Improving that group with that scope would be a real challenge. To extend that range you may want to look into an HHA Optimizer along with a better scope.
You guys might be right . I moved up to 50 yards and no issues . Well for now i'll just keep working on it.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:... To extend that range you may want to look into an HHA Optimizer along with a better scope. :wink:
OR... May just collect another scope? :lol:

I have no problems getting 2-3" groups at 100 yards with the Hawke on my M 380.
And, I basically consider a 65 yard shot to be a bit of a "Chip Shot" and as such would never hesitate to shoot an unalarmed deer that far out... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:... To extend that range you may want to look into an HHA Optimizer along with a better scope. :wink:

And, I basically consider a 65 yard shot to be a bit of a "Chip Shot" and as such would never hesitate to shoot an unalarmed deer that far out... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
Matt, are you sure you can't make Boofest? .....that'd be a great way to bring the BOOFEST 100 grand prize AND braggin rights back to B.C.! :mrgreen:

Paul
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:
IronNoggin wrote:

Cheers,
Nog
Matt, are you sure you can't make Boofest? .....that'd be a great way to bring the BOOFEST 100 grand prize AND braggin rights back to B.C.! :mrgreen:

Paul
X2, I would love to meet Nog. But.....It will be a long way to take the prize and braggin' right back to B.C. by way of TEXAS!!!! ( that my Canadian friends is TRASH TALK!!! y'all bring your "A" game!!!)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....my money's on USA....we have a secret weapon known as Colton! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

IronNoggin wrote:

Cheers,
Nog
It's been said, and I think correctly so, that the easiest way to tighten longer range groups, is to increase scope power. That saying is correct! I shoot and hunt at longer ranges than many; and feel it can be done ethically. I've found nothing yet that can equal a great scope atop an HHA Optimizer for longer range Xbow shooting.
I just got a new Natchez Catalog yesterday. VXRs on sale. $299 for a 3x9!!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote: Matt, are you sure you can't make Boofest? .....that'd be a great way to bring the BOOFEST 100 grand prize AND braggin rights back to B.C.! :mrgreen:
LOL! Damn Tempting what with all the 'Merican Trash Talk and all... :lol:
Simply no way to do it.
Sawbones won't let me travel much more than down Island to the hospital & back, let alone across the entire country!! :shock:

It is however on my Bucket List, and as such, quite likely to happen down the road... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote: Matt, are you sure you can't make Boofest? .....that'd be a great way to bring the BOOFEST 100 grand prize AND braggin rights back to B.C.! :mrgreen:
Simply no way to do it.
Sawbones won't let me travel much more than down Island to the hospital & back, let alone across the entire country!! :shock:

It is however on my Bucket List, and as such, quite likely to happen down the road... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
.....boy can those Canadians make "scuses"....simple little detached retina and they start running scared (only kidding).....you guys leave all of your hope in Paulaboutform who still hasn't recovered from a first round knockout by none other than our "Rocky the Kid" Colton.....nerves of steel....yes that Texas "yuth" did some mighty fine schoolin over Paul! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Anthony, just remember that no one else had the metal to stand against the dreaded
'Colton, The Texas Terror!' :wink:
.....you southern boys are pretty good at trash talkin. Still seems to me that even trash talk is cheap. :mrgreen:

Paul
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Anthony, just remember that no one else had the metal to stand against the dreaded
'Colton, The Texas Terror!' :wink:
.....you southern boys are pretty good at trash talkin. Still seems to me that even trash talk is cheap. :mrgreen:

Paul
:shock: :mrgreen:

aNTHONY :wink:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

IronNoggin wrote:
Simply no way to do it.

Cheers,
Nog
Ain't but one way to find out.... and you have a " Doctors Note". Hmmmm. We will meet some day I hope Nog. Would enjoy it. Take care of that eye. No second chance on those.