String sales in trading post

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

String sales in trading post

Post by wheelie »

I find this very annoying everyone bumping up there posts everyday like a string war going on. Think it is time for Excalibur to step up and put a stop to after market string sales. Like a bunch of birds fighting over bread crumbs! :roll:
Hi5

Re: String sales in trading post

Post by Hi5 »

I suspect it's folks trying to support a friend. Sometimes a good hearted friend can be an embarrassment.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

6 string adverts on the first page of the trading post. Is it really that big of a deal that you want string sales banned instead of just scrolling past 6 adverts? I bought a string from 1 of this guys and I plan on buying more. I just don't see this as a big deal
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yes guess it is only me. Have to bring back my "bow floaties" and push them on everybody and make some money from Excalibur also. :roll:
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Now you have made me curious. What's a "bow floatie"?

Can you post a picture, please?

I'm always looking for accessories, and I especially like to get a fancy one before everybody else has them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
bdog

Post by bdog »

Hey wheelie, I've asked/suggested before that the trading post can only be bumped after 1 week by the original poster, and let no others post on any of the adds, contact the seller through pm's only, it will keep the clutter down....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
janesy

Post by janesy »

bdog wrote:Hey wheelie, I've asked/suggested before that the trading post can only be bumped after 1 week by the original poster, and let no others post on any of the adds, contact the seller through pm's only, it will keep the clutter down....

Although I am guilty of bumping an ad, today no less.
About the trading post in general, I have to agree, Weekly pump and no replies except from the seller is the way to keep them cleen and current. But with that said it also requires a lot more attention and policing.
On the other hand it's a pretty slow trading page, so I don't loose sleep over it in the least. I don't find the string ads even remotely competitive, in fact I often look at them for colour ideas.
Last edited by janesy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

:shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wheelie wrote:Yes guess it is only me. Have to bring back my "bow floaties" and push them on everybody and make some money from Excalibur also. :roll:
Kevin, bring some to Boofest! :lol:
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Isn't that why it's called a "Trading Post" ?
I appreciate the quality "After Market Strings" I have been able to purchase from our fine craftsmen here, and have never been offended by their posts. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

BrotherRon wrote:Isn't that why it's called a "Trading Post" ?
I appreciate the quality "After Market Strings" I have been able to purchase from our fine craftsmen here, and have never been offended by their posts. :wink:
They are business with no costs attached. No advertising costs, insurance, no taxes paid, just free cash off the backs of whom?. What do they give back to Excalibur?
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

They are business with no costs attached. No advertising costs, insurance, no taxes paid, just free cash off the backs of whom?. What do they give back to Excalibur?[/quote]

i don't know that i'd want to buy a handmade string from one of our forum members string endorsed by some jockstrap for $100 after their marketing department & investors got involved
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Ignore posts you don't like!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ohhhhhh this is terrible our own excalibur wich hunt ! Maby joe can step in to distract this nonsense with a blown up bow or something!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
wabi

Post by wabi »

They are business with no costs attached. No advertising costs, insurance, no taxes paid, just free cash off the backs of whom?. What do they give back to Excalibur?
-No costs? How about materials, equipment, a work area, time, postage, and losses due to lost shipments & refunds to unhappy customers?
-I don't know how you handle your sales on the trading post, but how do you know they don't have insurance or pay taxes?
-Advertising costs? I expect folks like Boo spend a few dollars on his website to inform folks about the proper use/care of strings, not to mention the time involved.
-Give back? Not directly to Excalibur in terms of money perhaps, but to the forum community. Also, there has been great support by a few of these folks (Boo, nchunterkw, and vixenmaster) to the "Annissa charity" associated with "BooFest" this year.

Isn't the whole idea of the "Trading Post" to have a place to advertise items for sale or trade without cluttering up the "Crossbow Hunting" forum?
Heck, I may even put an ad for "Free K i t c h e n s" there!

wabi