Will the need for speed cause problems in Canada?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Will the need for speed cause problems in Canada?

Post by hankenhunter »

I was just wondering aloud today with a friend about how close crossbows are to the magic five hundred fps mark and what the Canadian Govt will do when they get there. Will there have to be a serial #? Will you be required to have an f.a.c to purchase one like you do if you purchase a pellet rifle that shoots over 495 fps? I guess time will tell.
Hank
IronNoggin

Re: Will the need for speed cause problems in Canada?

Post by IronNoggin »

Part of me hopes to have that problem (In a Matrix frame please :wink: )

And part of me is scared to death of the idea! :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I believe it's on the way and will be rated at 495fps with an arrow in the 1000gr ballpark. Lighter arrows may be used but the official speed rating will be 495fps. This will be a compound crossbow and well beyond reach financially for most of us.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bdog

Post by bdog »

No worries man, just keep shootin a bow under the 500fps rule if it does happen, Im still shootin a recurve vertical bow at about 200fps an killin deer for the past 30yrs.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Tom

Post by Tom »

hankenhunter wrote:I was just wondering aloud today with a friend about how close crossbows are to the magic five hundred fps mark and what the Canadian Govt will do when they get there. Will there have to be a serial #? Will you be required to have an f.a.c to purchase one like you do if you purchase a pellet rifle that shoots over 495 fps? I guess time will tell.
Hank
If it shoots over 500 fps you will need to have a pal to purchase one or to have one in your control just like you need for air powered guns which shoot over the 500 fps mark.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

As long as 495 is stamped on the barrel I will play around with springs & pistons ect in my pellet guns even though I have a gun licence to buy the big brother. LOL

But I do enjoy my 22-250. 3820FPS and no kick. Major loud and need ear protection.

I don't think in present forum a bow or crossbows are capable of getting over 500FPS and being dependable. I think the speed factor is pretty much at its limit. Over 500FPS in Canada it will be treated as a rifle and go into rifle category just like pellet guns.

Bow manufacturers will lose out to a whole Canadian market because they would go to rifle season. Trump will be proud of that accomplishment. Buy American will work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHEERS!