Storing a crossbow in a hot temp

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Storing a crossbow in a hot temp

Post by longbow joe »

Living in a house with 3 women the only space that is truly mine is my car and a half garage (MAN CAVE). we dont have a basement so my crossbows get cased or at worst a contractor bag over them and hung from their hangers. Sometimes on a hot day the temperature can reach 90 degrees in the garage . Is this too extreme for my little fiberglass children?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: Storing a crossbow in a hot temp

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL]
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

Take the string off. And you may be better off with a blanket or somthing that can breath to cover them.
addicted to canadian beaver
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I think your garage will store pocket books and shoes much better than a finely honed and engineered deer killing machine will....you must sit those females down and tell them who the boss is of the household!....

.....After you awaken from the beating....take the string off, wrap the bow in something that can breathe and hope for the best! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

There is no way I would store my bow in a hot garage. If I were you I'd hang it on the wall in your bedroom. If the ladies don't like it then we'll I can't help you there...lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:Living in a house with 3 women the only space that is truly mine is my car and a half garage (MAN CAVE). we dont have a basement so my crossbows get cased or at worst a contractor bag over them and hung from their hangers. Sometimes on a hot day the temperature can reach 90 degrees in the garage . Is this too extreme for my little fiberglass children?

.....hey Joe....did not see it was you....do you run your business out of a shop?
If so, do you have a place there where you can hang them (The bow's, not the females :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

amythntr wrote:.....I think your garage will store pocket books and shoes much better than a finely honed and engineered deer killing machine will....you must sit those females down and tell them who the boss is of the household!....

sounds like the females already sat down and told him who was boss :wink: :lol: :wink:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You guys are terrible. ...... maby l will have to try and negotiate another spot ........ maby this is the prime time to get my long wanted air conditioner . Its easy to throw a bow under a bed or anywere but these crossbows take up a little more room.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Saw an ad on Facebook just the other day for a new Rx for timid men. It's called Growacet! It might be just what the Dr. ordered. 8)
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I just hang my Grizzly on a wooden peg coat rack in the living room. Just tell her if you store it in the heat it might break, and then you'd be forced to buy a new one. :wink: :lol:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

flightattendant100 wrote:Saw an ad on Facebook just the other day for a new Rx for timid men. It's called Growacet! It might be just what the Dr. ordered. 8)
......Yep Paul, that works well and is put out by the Italian Pharma Company named Immadaboss, Ltd 8) ....they recommend a double dose for stubborn situations with more than one female in the household...I know we are all praying for Joe as it will be touch and go for a while! :shock: :shock:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Possibly during the hot summer with no good place to store your bows :roll: you may want to consider removing the riser ( with limbs still attached and strung up ) and placing them alongside of your stock which could be laying on its side with scope still secure and sighten in, under a bed or possibly even a couch if need be where it's cooler as well as being dry. :!:

It only takes replacing and tightening a couple bolts to be back out shooting in no time. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Possibly during the hot summer with no good place to store your bows :roll: you may want to consider removing the riser ( with limbs still attached and strung up ) and placing them alongside of your stock which could be laying on its side with scope still secure and sighten in, under a bed or possibly even a couch if need be where it's cooler as well as being dry. :!:

It only takes replacing and tightening a couple bolts to be back out shooting in no time. :wink:

Gene

....Come on Gene.....we need to deal with Joe's continuing problem....Paul's suggestion about taking growacet by Immadaboss Ltd. is the only way to vaccinate him from future problems...sheeesh! :roll: :? :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Dont forget were talking six crossbows ...including little manco the lbex l cant help it if l have a crossbow collecting habit. Lets see lf your wives would let you bring em all in the living room .
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

longbow joe wrote:Dont forget were talking six crossbows ...including little manco the lbex l cant help it if l have a crossbow collecting habit. Lets see lf your wives would let you bring em all in the living room .
Now this is starting to get funny!
:lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: