Micro.slayer

Trophy Rocks

Post by Micro.slayer »

Trophy Rocks are out and the Deer are crushing mine. Cameras are on'm
Best thing since Tinks 69
Ontario Savage

Re: Trophy Rocks

Post by Ontario Savage »

Can you share any tips on how best to set them up? On a tree stump? In the open ? Off deer trails?
Also how long does a trophy rock last for if the deer are hitting it? Is it 1 season or longer?
wabi

Post by wabi »

Odd, but they don't seem to work too well where I hunt. I've had the best luck with a plain old salt block from the feed store.
Actually had deer quit using a "salt lick" that had been out for years and was worn out to a hole 3 feet in diameter and a foot or so deep when I put a mineral block in it! Tried the Trophy Rock when they came out and it never got much attention. Put a plain old feed store salt block in a new location several years ago and today it is a regularly used "crater" in the landscape! (have added several salt blocks over the years, too)
The deer here also like plain old feed corn for eating. Tried pumpkins, apples, and several other popular attractants and most go untouched! I finally did get a few deer to eat apples, but they certainly are not the preferred item. The deer will hit the corn every trip to the feed station, but only munch on apples occasionally.

Perhaps the deer here are stupid and need to be killed off to improve the gene pool? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Here in Pennsylvania. The Deer go crazy for it. June /July the Deer eat gorge so much on vegation. That their body's crave the salt. It has to be a trophy Rock. Mined out of Utah. Try getting their other product called "FOUR". It's the rock crushed in a bag. Dig a hole drop it in. Don't get me wrong all products for sale are good. But the % of Quality calcium and all the things that make Deer healthy
And Racks grower much much bigger. I always put mine out in June near the start of a spring. (Fresh Water) hand full of peanut butter just to get them on it. Just so you know they sell out everywhere here in Pa. In every store they are sold. Cameras no lye!