Scope Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Yote

Scope Question

Post by Yote »

Can shooting a crossbow after time alter the windage and/or the elevation settings? I am using the Dead Zone scope that came with my Micro 355. I am new to this and maybe I didn't have it set properly to start with but I notice myself shooting high and the the right. I reset it and it is shooting much better now. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or is it my imagination. Crossbow has not been dropped or bumped as I am the only one that handles it. :?:
wheelie

Re: Scope Question

Post by wheelie »

The string can\does stretch over time from sitting and\or shooting which changes POI. I mark my rail with a sharpie on the side of the rail so I can always tell where I want my string to sit at rest. String in correct position then I know it is me not lining up the scope\shoulder exactly in the right position. My last resort is changing the scope dials as I find you just end up putting them back next time you shoot. :lol: CHEERS!
Last edited by wheelie on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W.Miguire

Re: Scope Question

Post by W.Miguire »

your scope will come loose after time. Tighten ALL the screws on the scope mounts and use BLUE lock tight on the screws. and it will not come loose again. use only Blue Lock tight . Just use a small amount ,and let it cure for at least 24 hrs. before you fire the bow
W.M.