Cheap skate tip of the day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

Cheap skate tip of the day

Post by hankenhunter »

I was puttering in my bow room and came upon a pair of string stoppers that I had shot the crap out of. Cracks with holes in the center. As I was sqeeezing them wondering if I should toss them out, a light bulb lit up in my head. I grabbed my tube of marine goop, sqeezed a bumper open and pressure squeezed the goop into the cracks and the hole in the center. I then spread a 1/8" layer on the face of the bumper. Did the same to the other one and left them face up for twenty four hours. I then beat on them with a rubber mallet to test them out. Well danged if they aren't as tough as new bumpers. I have 45 shots on them and they are showing hardly any wear. Look nice and shiny too. :D Any other cheap skate tricks out there?
Hank
Last edited by hankenhunter on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowflinger

Re: Cheap skate tip of the day

Post by Arrowflinger »

Reuse my Q-tips?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Arrowflinger wrote:Reuse my Q-tips?
Um... what?
Hank
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Now, that's economizing.....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hankenhunter wrote:I was puttering in my bow room and came upon a pair of string stoppers that I had shot the crap out of. Cracks with holes in the center. As I was sqeeezing them wondering if I should toss them out, a light bulb lit up in my head. I grabbed my tube of marine goop, sqeezed a bumper open and pressure squeezed the goop into the cracks and the hole in the center. I then spread a 1/8" layer on the face of the bumper. Did the same to the other one and left them face up for twenty four hours. I then beat on them with a rubber mallet to test them out. Well danged if they aren't as tough as new bumpers. I have 45 shots on them and they are showing hardly any wear. Look nice and shiny too. :D Any other cheap skate tricks out there?
Hank
OMG Hank stop right there....you have made a major, I repeat major modification to the Excalibur crossbow which will result in the voiding of the warranty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

....just funning with you Hank!....that Cheap Skate idea sounds good to me!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Arrowflinger wrote:Reuse my Q-tips?
....another great idea Arrowflinger....a used Q-tip will have just enough wax on it :shock: to allow you to coat your rail for proper lubrication....once the wax from said Q-tip is removed to the rail, that Q-tip should be good to go to again to be used in it's proper bodily orifice! I see no reason why this process cannot be repeated over and over! :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings