Who's shooting executioners out of a micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Who's shooting executioners out of a micro

Post by munch »

Just wonder if anyone can give me a good total length with 93gr inserts
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
longbow joe

Re: Who's shooting executioners out of a micro

Post by longbow joe »

16.5 shaft and a spitfire ...just inside the stirrup on my micro . l have 110 inserts and a 125 head l like em heavy. I cannot tell any difference in durability or accuracy between a zombie or an executioner shaft. Both fly like darts.a long head like a schwacker might stick out a tadd ... l cant verify this head.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
munch

Post by munch »

longbow joe wrote:16.5 shaft and a spitfire ...just inside the stirrup on my micro . l have 110 inserts and a 125 head l like em heavy. I cannot tell any difference in durability or accuracy between a zombie or an executioner shaft. Both fly like darts.a long head like a schwacker might stick out a tadd ... l cant verify this head.
Thanks I shoot 100 grain slick tricks in all my crossbows and compound bow I shoot 93 gr brass in the exacutioners for a total of 382 gr arrow . Just doing a dozen zombies tonight for moose hunting with the 400 bulldog and they are 398 total
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
michigan man

Post by michigan man »

16 BEE's, 110 grain insert, 100 grain head, Blazers, and a Lumenok. One hole groups at 30 yards with my 335. Also with 16 " arrows, a Swhacker will fit inside the stirrup on a 335.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Im wondering if you original question was about arrow weight? And not length
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
munch

Post by munch »

longbow joe wrote:Im wondering if you original question was about arrow weight? And not length
No it was length I already had inserts . I cut shafts to 16." And added 92 gran and came out 368 grain total . Maybe he 110 inserts would fly better
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
munch

Post by munch »

longbow joe wrote:Im wondering if you original question was about arrow weight? And not length
No it was length I already had inserts . I cut shafts to 16." And added 92 gran and came out 368 grain total . Maybe he 110 inserts would fly better
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have gotten much better 30 and 40 yard groups out of tha 16 inch boits with the 110 and 125 heads especially in the wind at 20 yards not much difference. I like the heavier bolt anyway never bothered me the few fps loss .my longer 19 inch bolt exo bows are not as fussy a 84 grain insert and 100 head fly great at distance
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I have 4 Executioners with 110 grain inserts and aluminum nocks and just made 4 more with 92 grain and plastic nocks. I have 100 grain tips on the heavy inserts and 125 grain on the lighter ones all cut to 16.25" . They are within a couple grains of each other but the 125 tips give a little more FOC. I can't really tell any difference in elevation POI at 40 yds although those with 110 gr inserts have a more extreme helical Blazer and shoot about an inch to the right of the others. I shoot Swackers myself and will cut my next arrows to 16" because these are right at the stirrup. Also would use the most helical I can get, you can really see the spin on those in flight.
munch

Post by munch »

Smong2000 wrote:I have 4 Executioners with 110 grain inserts and aluminum nocks and just made 4 more with 92 grain and plastic nocks. I have 100 grain tips on the heavy inserts and 125 grain on the lighter ones all cut to 16.25" . They are within a couple grains of each other but the 125 tips give a little more FOC. I can't really tell any difference in elevation POI at 40 yds although those with 110 gr inserts have a more extreme helical Blazer and shoot about an inch to the right of the others. I shoot Swackers myself and will cut my next arrows to 16" because these are right at the stirrup. Also would use the most helical I can get, you can really see the spin on those in flight.
I have some 150gr slick tricks I'll add up front of thee to try and make up for the 92 gr inserts I had
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook