Deer Crossing Bolts - who shoots them ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet200hunter

Deer Crossing Bolts - who shoots them ?

Post by exocet200hunter »

Just wondering if there are any forum members shooting the deer crossing bolts ? If there are im looking for pro's and con's.
Thanks

- Matt
jd4223

Re: Deer Crossing Bolts - who shoots them ?

Post by jd4223 »

I have shot them in the past. I bought a dozen when they first came out. They had a special on them if you used a certain code number which a member on this site provided. I used them mainly for target shooting. For the price they were alright. If I was shooting competition,I would pass. I tried using them 1 time for deer hunting. Shot a good size doe at 18 yards from a ground blind. Shot a little bit high on a broadside shot. Arrow did not do a complete pass through. Had 11" of arrow still inside deer using a 150grn BoltCutter. Deer rolled over and snapped both ends of arrow off. No blood trail but luckily deer was still insight when she died. I prefer shooting aluminum arrows for this reason. Always had complete pass through using aluminum arrows. I looked on their website recently but have not purchased any arrows. At time of my first purchase,I was very satisfied with the customer service and delivery. Don't know if they are still the same.