Question on Tact Zone speed settings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

malfar

Question on Tact Zone speed settings

Post by malfar »

Most of the Tact Zone scopes have a speed range between 275 and 410. But I keep seeing other Tact Zones with the bottom end speed only going down to 300 fps. They all seem to have the same model number, so I believe the 300fps models are probably the latest models. My question is which one should I put on my Axiom - it currently has a stock string so probably is around 290fps, but I plan on changing to the Excalibur Flemish string when I put the scope on,

Thanks
LongCarbine

Re: Question on Tact Zone speed settings

Post by LongCarbine »

Use either one . The "speed ring " is really just the magnification setting you would see on a non crossbow scope . It really has nothing to do with speed , It's just for reference .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

The Matrix 355 I had came with the TactZone that only went down to 300. I loved it and wanted to install it on my 310, but using a heavier arrow I could not get it sighted in because the 300 setting was not low enough.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

The numbers on my TZ's both go down to 275... But the zoom ring goes quite a ways past the numbers until it stops.

So I wonder if the scopes only marked to 300fps will still turn down past the numbers??..Seems logical? If the scopes are still 2.5X to 6 power variable.

Here is my 100yard setting and I just added the mark with my knife.

The best part is that this setting perfectly changes all the 1/2 chevron marks from 5 yard increments, to 10 yard increment marks. The center, 20 yard dot, never changes. So I can shoot all the way to 100 with my setup by simply ranging and shooting.
If I run my ring to the "stop", the 60 chevron is dead on at 120yards.
For what is's worth I've never chronoed my bows...so the numbers are just reference marks for me.