String Stretch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

String Stretch

Post by Big Pard »

How long will a string keep stretching after it is installed? I put witness marks on the riser and have tightened the string at least 4 or 5 times and that is after letting it sit overnight at full draw and probably 100 shots. The string is 36 strand of 8190 and the xbow is a Micro 335

Thanks Buddy
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Boo

Re: String Stretch

Post by Boo »

I believe you mean creep and it depends mostly on how it's made and very little on what material. My Force 10 stop in 10 to 20 shots with maybe another adjustment during the year. My 40 strand strings will take up to 50 shots depending on temps and which bow.
Install your string with a really high brace height to preload the string. If you keep it at 1/4" between the string and the bumper, set it to 1/2 above and shoot it. This will accelerate the settling in process. I never felt comfortable leaving any bow fully cocked and unattended. But you could shorten your rope cocker and bring the string up a few inches.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If they are placed in higher Temps they will creep as the wax is expelled. I have mine in my String room n have no AC. They hang about a foot below the ceiling n i twist my brace ht every few weeks
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

All Flemish strings require breaking in, Regardless of material or who built it . You've gotten good advice so far, I don't like to leave my bows or strings cocked over night . My best advice is buy your Strings early to allow time to break them in and buy them in pairs in case you have a mishap with one .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have cocked mine all nite n then shot in the mornin gettin it to shoot in. I do like to shoot mine in & it may take 50-100 shots. Most ppl. seem to be in a rush n twist up brace ht. is a pain to them. Its all in the pkg. strings creep we twist n shoot.
Half Bubble Off BD360

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

do u twist from one end

I like to twist each end --in opposite directions to maintain proper twist- evenly

if you twist it 5 times -from one end- will both sides have the same twist?

or will it be 3 on one side and 2 on the other
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

you only need to twist from one end... it twists the whole string.
5 twists will be 2 1/2 each side. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Thanks for all the replies. I think what is taking so long is that I only keep adjusting to my "brace height" witness marks which is usually only a couple turns, from one end at a time.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I sent you a pm, but i will say this on Forum. If'en you don't like the strings return them. I can make you 2 new Force 10 strings or 2 more 8190 strings at 40 strand its all up to you. I like Happy Customers n i will do what it takes fer it to be so! Thank you
Half Bubble Off BD360