Doe tag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Doe tag

Post by BrotherRon »

Took me 50 minutes waiting online for my number to come up, but I managed to get a doe tag before they were all gone for our county :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Re: Doe tag

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Congrats! Up here in Quebec we have draws too, and both myself and my daughter won double harvest. Hopefully it will be a good year :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I stopped entering the doe draw in my zone(5) They have had the lottery wayyyyy toooo long, plus with many people using crossbows now, who can take a doe, there are no deer left in my area :( there used to be many deer, you would see deer every day, now you be lucky to see one deer all week. I had my cam out for three months, and not one deer :( :(

I hope you have more deer in your zone than me Ihunt

As soon as the Gov't started charging $20 to lottery winners, it turned into a money grab instead of properly managing the deer herd. This may be the first time in over 30yrs that I may not hunt.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Actually I'm in zone 8 south and there are a lot of deer. Went turkey hunting last spring and during the morning hours counted up to 17 (groups of 3-5) crossing in and out of the field along the woods. One morning there were 7 deer within 20yrds from me and they didn't even know I was there, I was camouflaged and upwind but what an amazing feeling!
Last edited by ihunt on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I hunted two weeks during bow season and a full week during rifle, and saw the same Doe twice, nothing else. :( Didn't seem right to shoot the only deer in the area, so I let her pass.

Glad to hear other zones are doing better
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

BrotherRon wrote:Took me 50 minutes waiting online for my number to come up, but I managed to get a doe tag before they were all gone for our county :)
You must be north of the farm zone so you were fortunate to get one. I live north of hwy 64 but hunt south of it so for $51.89 i was able to get gun & xbow buck licenses plus 4 antlerless tags. pretty happy about that.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Goose52 wrote:
BrotherRon wrote:Took me 50 minutes waiting online for my number to come up, but I managed to get a doe tag before they were all gone for our county :)
You must be north of the farm zone so you were fortunate to get one. I live north of hwy 64 but hunt south of it so for $51.89 i was able to get gun & xbow buck licenses plus 4 antlerless tags. pretty happy about that.
I live South of 64 but hunt North of 64. lol
I live near Abbotsford but have a cabin and 200 acres of land to hunt in Price County.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Doe tags not that hard to get here Unlimited in some areas with lots of does. I feel very fortunate.