If you had a choice?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

If you had a choice?

Post by bigbowman »

I have quite the dilemma here guys! I am going to be gifted an Excalibur crossbow from a friend. My problem is that I don’t know which bow to choose! I have a choice between a year old Axiom or a brand new Vixen II? The only problem with the Vixen II is that it’s the pink camo edition for the fight against breat cancer. I’m leaning towards the Vixen II even though it’s pink because it’s brand new in the box never assembled or shot! Plus the rail is aluminum versus the poly of the Axiom? If you had this choice which crossbow would you choose??? Thanks for any opinions and comments!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Arrowflinger

Re: If you had a choice?

Post by Arrowflinger »

I don't the deer will mind if it's pink.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Go for the Vixen . A can of spray paint is not very expensive and you can make it any color you want.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Depends on your age and size I guess.
If your a young football player then the axiom would be good... nothing wrong with the synthetic rails.
If your a little old fart like me, then the Vixen would be good. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Axiom is 175lbs vrs Vixen 2 is 150lbs. Waffer biscuit rail certainly would not bother me as I was told they were quieter, lighter and guaranteed for life. Axiom in a heartbeat if it were for myself. For the wife I would pick the Vixen 2. Little easier to cock and it is pink. CHEERS!
janesy

Post by janesy »

A buddy of mine shoots an Axiom. Its quiter side by side than both my micro or my matrix.
Plenty accurate to 40 yards
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Thanks for all the comments! I've decided to go with the Vixen II because I feel it is definitely a better quality and better built bow which seems to be a better choice! I will just get a new camo dip on the limbs and stock. :) The aluminum rail was really the deciding factor. I want a Excalibur bow that I've come to know & admire and just wouldn't feel the same without that metal rail in my honest opinion after days of thinking! So for now, I'm in the "Real Men Wear Pink" group! LOL
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I think you look good in pink! :lol:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think you made a great choice. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nothing against the synthetic stock .....lts a personal thing old fashioned l am but l like "metal" guns and metal crossbows.............rustolium brown n green camo paint and a few cardboard leaf stencels will make that vixen a mans bow. .....l love my vixen 2! Blows right thru em just like the bigger bows.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Make sure the new camo dip on the limbs isn't too hot!

Honestly, I'd just embcae the pink and get a nice 3 color string that has pink in it (see what I did there), and then use matching 3 color fletched arrows with on color being hot pink. The deer won't care and chances are you know at least one person (probably several) who have struggled with that hated disease.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
grouse

Post by grouse »

I would have gone with the Axiom. I'll be hunting with a 350 SE this year, but I have hunted with my Axiom the last 5 years and killed one or two deer with it every year. I sighted it in the first year and since then I check the zero every summer before the season starts. I have not adjusted the scope even once after the first time because it just shoots bullseyes out to 50 yards. There seems to be a (possibly snobbish) prejudice among some posters about the smf rails. I have yet to see a valid reason why they are inferior. I would have chosen the Axiom for the additional power while still being easy to cock.

That said, you'll be fine with your Vixen and good luck with it.
axiom
350 SE
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

grouse wrote:I would have gone with the Axiom. I'll be hunting with a 350 SE this year, but I have hunted with my Axiom the last 5 years and killed one or two deer with it every year. I sighted it in the first year and since then I check the zero every summer before the season starts. I have not adjusted the scope even once after the first time because it just shoots bullseyes out to 50 yards. There seems to be a (possibly snobbish) prejudice among some posters about the smf rails. I have yet to see a valid reason why they are inferior. I would have chosen the Axiom for the additional power while still being easy to cock.

That said, you'll be fine with your Vixen and good luck with it.
Words well spoken. :)
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I'm definitely not snobbish that's for sure! I own a Barnett that's made of poly too and nothing wrong with that bow either! It's just that I've always had my heart set & wanted an original style Excalibur crossbow ever since I started using crossbows! I got caught up in the speed thing there for awhile. All I can say now is that I'm in a awesome club! I'm very happy to finally own an Excalibur crossbow! :) My wife agrees with you all too! It's staying pink!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Here's Pinky! She shoots very smooth and is so easy to cock and much better for my back! The trigger is awesome, clean crisp pull at 2 lbs with NO creep! Put the new Lumi-Zone scope on and had her dialed in after 4 shots. Dead on after an adjustment to the speed dial at 50 yds!