SNAKE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: SNAKE

Post by flightattendant100 »

Doe Master wrote:For you Paul . :)
Saw this and there is no way I could EVER do this . Unless they make full body suits in snake-proof . :shock: :lol:
Not for me. I don't like 'em.
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Good shooting!
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

That's one big rattle snake!!!
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Post by Tom »

fuzzy wrote:
VixChix wrote:WOW! :shock:

I was sure glad to read through that and discover that it had a happy ending.... except for the snake of course!

We have the Massassauga Rattler up here. I've come across a couple but they're fairly shy.

I once pulled off the road to ummm.... return a rented coffee. Cover was sparse so I ducked behind a juniper. As I was processing the return I head a loud hissing. My first thought was "rattler". However I quickly discovered that I was in fact situated directly over a ground wasp nest.

I got stings on top of stings "where the sun don't shine"..... and for weeks afterwards I felt like I had wasps trapped in my pants. it wasn't pretty! :lol:

Still am grateful we don't get the big rattlers up here like you guys do down there. And am very glad you and Colton stayed safe!

No one on the net believes this happened :P ,....unless you have photographs :mrgreen:
And everyone knows Miss VixChix loves to take pictures ........... but ...........

That is something best left unverified by pictures.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

wabi wrote:Rattlesnakes are rare and protected as an endangered species here. A boy scout leader almost went to jail for killing one a few yeas back.

If I felt threatened I would have to apply the S-S-S rule. :wink: :lol: :lol:
I see them all time no need to kill them...They are protected in pa ..My hunting dog is trained to avoid rattlers..Trust me if you see one just move back or wait for them to leave they will..But I grew up with seeing rattlers all the time so I have no fear..

Folks wear
snakes chaps when your out and have NO FEAR ..
Last edited by sproulman on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

flightattendant100 wrote:
DuckHunt wrote:I had a similar incident about a year ago. We were walking back up the hill to the Jeep after checking cameras with my head down focusing on trying not to pass out while climbing. I walked to within a few steps of a rattlesnake directly in my path. In my case, he never made a sound. Had I been paying even less attention, I might have stepped right on him and ruined both our days.

I know they are around, but that was the first I saw in my hunting area. Since then I've kept an extra eye on the ground.

It makes me want to think twice about crawling into a ground blind in the dark.

DuckHunt
If this one wasn't vocal, I would have stepped right on him. I had my mind on one thing and it wasn't snakes.
As well as they are camouflaged, if they were still and quiet, you would have to be very fortunate to see one, I think. For several years I have use a green flashlight to get to and from the stand in the dark. They work great, but the green color takes away some of the contrast. Everything is a shade of same color kind of like the night vision stuff. Its got me thinking should I go back to a white light.
Wear snake chaps and have NO FEAR.. 8)