Arrows for Bulldog 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Epfireman

Arrows for Bulldog 380

Post by Epfireman »

I'm using the standard illuminated diablo arrows. I've heard some good things about the black eagle executioners, zombie slayers and spynal taps. I'll have to say the arrows I'm using are grouping well at 60 yds 1 1/2- 2" groups. If I get any new arrows I'll probably will get them from Jerry at Southshore archery as I live in Florida as he is too. Any feedback on arrows that you are using in your bulldog 380 or similar bow
Thanks
paulaboutform

Re: Arrows for Bulldog 380

Post by paulaboutform »

Well, if your groups are that tight with stock arrows that's awesome and you're doing extremely well. I've had great results with Black Eagle Zombie Slayer arrows with 92gr brass inserts and 125gr points if you're using Luminoks....or 110gr brass inserts and 100gr points and Luminoks. The Spinal Tapps are the exact same Black Eagle Zombie Slayer arrows made for Jerry at South Shore Archery. Hope this helps....This is the setup I use with my M380 and M405.

Paul
Last edited by paulaboutform on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Solid advise there.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
GROOTSKY

Post by GROOTSKY »

For my Bulldog 380 I'm shooting 19.5" Zombies with SK-300 vanes & 92g front inserts. I use these with 125g broadheads. The extra length was needed due to clearance issues with the 125g.- 1-1/2 Ramcats. If I remember correctly total weight was 414g. Accuracy has been good tho I haven't shot past 40yards.
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I'm using 19.5" Tactical Tapps with 92gr inserts with 100gr BH's. Just plain deadly out of this bow
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Epfireman

Post by Epfireman »

paulaboutform wrote:Well, if your groups are that tight with stock arrows that's awesome and you're doing extremely well. I've had great results with Black Eagle Zombie Slayer arrows with 92gr brass inserts and 125gr points if you're using Luminoks....or 100gr brass inserts and 100gr points and Luminoks. The Spinal Tapps are the exact same Black Eagle Zombie Slayer arrows made for Jerry at South Shore Archery. Hope this helps....This is the setup I use with my M380 and M405.

Paul
Thanks Paul.. they are flying really well.. I had two that flew well and one that was 2" low low and right rotated to a different vane as the down vane and it sucked it back into the group. I didn't know that about Tapps that they're the same as zombies.. thanks for the the 411.. I might shoot a heavylier foc next year... just don't have time this season
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

20" BEZS 2" Blazers, 100grn inserts and 100grn G5Strikers