Questions for arrow makers.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Questions for arrow makers.

Post by BrotherRon »

What are the best arrows to shoot from a Matrix 310?
Does a stiffer spine matter on the smaller crossbows?
What is the best distance for vane setback?... or what determines the best distance?
I shoot 18" arrows from my 310 and 330.
I usually shoot Executioners from my 310 and Zombies from my 330 and would like to use just one arrow when I start replacing them.
My hunting distance is generally 30 yards max, but I do practice out to 60 yards when target shooting.

Thanks.
Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
jody5252

Re: Questions for arrow makers.

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. Not an expert here, but will try to help... Since you say that you will be limiting your shoots to 30 yds., Arrow weight should not really matter that much. (As long as it is the recommended spine, for your bow) Your Zombies should be just fine. The executioners are a better arrow, and more $$. However you really don't need them. Unless you really want them of course. :) Setback: 1" -1 1/4" is best. (If you use lighted nocks, they are a bit longer, then standard nocks. You will want to keep it at 1") Arrow building is fun, and it is nice to do. And be certain that you will not have any problems getting how to info., on here... Shoot straight, and God bless.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

jody5252 wrote:...Zombies should be just fine. The executioners are a better arrow, and more $$. However you really don't need them. Unless you really want them of course. :)
Just a quick note... i believe the ZombieSlayers are stiffer and pricier than the excutioners.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

VixChix wrote:
jody5252 wrote:...Zombies should be just fine. The executioners are a better arrow, and more $$. However you really don't need them. Unless you really want them of course. :)
Just a quick note... i believe the ZombieSlayers are stiffer and pricier than the excutioners.
True dat.
Hank
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I do believe either arrow will be fine from either bow as they're both lighter poundage bows. As for the setback, it's just not that critical, especially at the closer range you're mentioning. If you use the Arizona Rim E-Z Fletch Bolt, which I highly recommend you use, it'll be a 1" setback and it'll be perfect.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Thanks everyone. :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I use the Bolt jig and install the rear nocks before fletching, they fly great.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

think zombies are a little over spined for that weight executions would be a better choice jmo
rein1

Post by rein1 »

VixChix wrote:
X2