Ready

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Ready

Post by papabear1 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:48 am

Well that time has come for me to get ready,
got my bow braced, and the string stretched, and sighted in.
Will be my 57th year getting all excited and ready for the hunt with archery equipment and every year has been great. :wink:
hope to put me 2 of them baldies in the freezer for my meat supply,
if I can't clime up them stands, I am putting up 2 ground blinds,
been watching there trail habits, and the times when they move,
season here in Missouri starts sept. 15th and I'll be up in my stand
for those magical mornings. Good luck everyone.

Be safe everyone and
I'll see ya in the woods

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

xcaliber
Posts: 10960
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Ready

Post by xcaliber » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 am

Good Luck! Have fun and be safe.
Matrix 330 - Doing Good in the Neighborhood!
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger KID'S now
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3

FORVOLS
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Northeast TN, Hawkins county

Re: Ready

Post by FORVOLS » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Its is a magical time for us all across many lands. The preseason, getting ready, the anticipation and playing out of future hunts in our minds Meat stockers, trophy hunters, just hunters that want to be in the woods. I'm a meat stocker first but I am grateful for every day the good lord gives me to be out in his creation.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple

User avatar
wabi
Posts: 13441
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:21 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ready

Post by wabi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Over a month to wait here in Ohio, but I'm getting ready to shoot tree rats next week (Sept 1).
wabi

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: Ready

Post by papabear1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am

FORVOLS wrote:Its is a magical time for us all across many lands. The preseason, getting ready, the anticipation and playing out of future hunts in our minds Meat stockers, trophy hunters, just hunters that want to be in the woods. I'm a meat stocker first but I am grateful for every day the good lord gives me to be out in his creation.
My feelings exactly, I am always grateful for the time the good lord gives me.

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: Ready

Post by papabear1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:45 am

wabi wrote:Over a month to wait here in Ohio, but I'm getting ready to shoot tree rats next week (Sept 1).
While your at it shoot that bug walking all over your avatar. :mrgreen:

Dave :lol: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

grouse
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Ready

Post by grouse » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:51 am

While you're opening the season in southwestern Missouri I'll be doing the same thing diagonally across the state in northeastern Missouri. Mornings are usually comfortable but I hope it's cool (or at least cloudy) so evening hunts aren't too hot. Regardless, I'm ready and I'll be out there!

My wife tells me that we are down to one pound of ground venison, so we have eaten 3 deer over the past year (2 crossbow, 1 rifle). Time to re-stock the freezer.
axiom
350 SE

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: Ready

Post by papabear1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:10 pm

grouse wrote:While you're opening the season in southwestern Missouri I'll be doing the same thing diagonally across the state in northeastern Missouri. Mornings are usually comfortable but I hope it's cool (or at least cloudy) so evening hunts aren't too hot. Regardless, I'm ready and I'll be out there!

My wife tells me that we are down to one pound of ground venison, so we have eaten 3 deer over the past year (2 crossbow, 1 rifle). Time to re-stock the freezer.
Good luck to ya neighbor !!!!!!!
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

Riflemanz
Posts: 2435
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Ready

Post by Riflemanz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Good luck! Ours starts Sept-16
I need to fine tune the 355 one more time before then.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline

PublicLandHunter1
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:25 pm
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO

Re: Ready

Post by PublicLandHunter1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Dave,
I can't wait either to get out in the Mark Twain National Forest in Southeast Mo and kill some deer too. We ran out of deer meat several weeks ago, so I am ready to get one in the freezer soon. I did not get one with my 405 last year so hoping to have some success this year. Last year was my first season using a cross-bow. Glad I got an Excalibur, it shoots great and this forum has helped me out a lot. Thanks and safe hunting everyone.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6688
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Ready

Post by amythntr » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm

....our early season starts the 16th....funny, for the last 3 years we have had temperature in the 80's on opening day....was NOT fun....so this year I decided to wait and take care of an area that opens two weeks later....wouldn't you know, we have had one of the coolest summers I remember....maybe I will just venture out for "S & G's" and see what happens!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

SEC-ond 2 none
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:53 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Ready

Post by SEC-ond 2 none » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:01 am

I haven't been feeling very well for the past several weeks. MRI is scheduled for next week. I left my Matrix strung all year, but check it once a month. The
"BOO" string has not moved or creeped at all. I will shoot Broadhead tipped Zombies at 20, 30 and 40 yards to verify zero. I have a hunt house located at my food plot and it is very comfortable for this old guy, as i can easily take a nap.
(when you get my age naps are important :lol: ).
Be Safe everyone and Happy Trails.

Stephen
Matrix 380

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: Ready

Post by papabear1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 am

PublicLandHunter1 wrote:Dave,
I can't wait either to get out in the Mark Twain National Forest in Southeast Mo and kill some deer too. We ran out of deer meat several weeks ago, so I am ready to get one in the freezer soon. I did not get one with my 405 last year so hoping to have some success this year. Last year was my first season using a cross-bow. Glad I got an Excalibur, it shoots great and this forum has helped me out a lot. Thanks and safe hunting everyone.
Lots of deer around your area, I live in the Long Lane area and we also have a very healthy population of deer here ,Good luck to ya neighbor !!!

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

papabear1
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: southwest Mo. in the ozarks

Re: Ready

Post by papabear1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:48 am

SEC-ond 2 none wrote:I haven't been feeling very well for the past several weeks. MRI is scheduled for next week. I left my Matrix strung all year, but check it once a month. The
"BOO" string has not moved or creeped at all. I will shoot Broadhead tipped Zombies at 20, 30 and 40 yards to verify zero. I have a hunt house located at my food plot and it is very comfortable for this old guy, as i can easily take a nap.
(when you get my age naps are important :lol: ).
Be Safe everyone and Happy Trails.

Stephen
Morning to ya Steven, know what ya mean about the naps, @75 they seem more important to me also, will pray that MRI turns out good,

Good luck to ya neighbor :D

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6688
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Ready

Post by amythntr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:04 am

.....ifn you be talkin to the Mrs. she'd a rattin that sheeet, "my husband's be a takin naps any time, anywhere since we met!...and we be married but 32 plus years!" :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Post Reply