Ground blinds owners do you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvnitroman

Re: Ground blinds owners do you?

Post by wvnitroman »

To tie it down I actually made some stakes out of 1/4" steel rod. I cut them 16"-18" long, bent about 3" over to form an "L" shape, then welded a fender washer about an inch down from the top. I put the washer on so when the rods are pushed into the ground they make contact with the tie down loops around the blind.

God Bless,
Kevin
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

VixChix wrote:Make sure you tie them off securely to trees or fence posts.... (the voice of experience) :oops:
oh that must be yours that ended up in my back yard, lol
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

wvnitroman wrote:To tie it down I actually made some stakes out of 1/4" steel rod. I cut them 16"-18" long, bent about 3" over to form an "L" shape, then welded a fender washer about an inch down from the top. I put the washer on so when the rods are pushed into the ground they make contact with the tie down loops around the blind.

God Bless,
Kevin
Wow gotta say you must have a hard time removing those stakes :wink:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have 2 double bulls for the last 15 yrs and leave them up from mid Sept to mid Jan. and have done nothing to them but put them up and take them down. for hold downs I used t post and then I found some screw in stakes at Home Depot. they fit in the case just rite . if I can recall the where about 6 buck a piece.
W.M.