Air Brakes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SummitSitter

Air Brakes

Post by SummitSitter »

Has anyone had any issues with the pads on the Air Brakes separating and coming off of the metal bracket that holds them? I removed my string after the hunting season last year and stored my crossbow in a cool, dry room. When I went to install my string, I noticed the issue with the Air Brakes...

GMVT

Re: Air Brakes

Post by GMVT »

My 330 came with a video. One of the topics covered appears to be what happened to you, it said to remove that stuff when the string is removed for any length of time, or the additional pressure when the string is removed will destroy it over time.
"Deer Are Where You Find Them"
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I never saw a video explaining that but it makes sense taking them off since the live are not compressed with the string removed. I didn't think it would cause that much of a problem to the pads...
GMVT wrote:My 330 came with a video. One of the topics covered appears to be what happened to you, it said to remove that stuff when the string is removed for any length of time, or the additional pressure when the string is removed will destroy it over time.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

My Matrix 330 don't have them I just got my owners manual for the Matrix it states on page 20 if the string is going to be removed for long periods of time the pads should be removed while it is still strung to prevent pad damage .
SEW

Post by SEW »

The earlier "disappater" pads had the same problem. Since the limbs rest against the pad when at rest with the string on, it only makes sense that they'll really be compressed w/o the string. I learned like you did.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Yeah...I won't make the same mistake twice. Was there any damage to your limbs for having that constant pressure from the pads pressing on them without the string? I never even thought about it after removing the string. Pretty stupid mistake...

SEW wrote:The earlier "disappater" pads had the same problem. Since the limbs rest against the pad when at rest with the string on, it only makes sense that they'll really be compressed w/o the string. I learned like you did.