Please tell me about your Micro 355"s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Please tell me about your Micro 355"s

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have been looking at, and lusting over, one of these Micro 355's since they first came out. Having recently been advised that I'll be having Radiation treatments to my left lung :? ( With projected great results ) I thought "what the hay" perhaps now is the time. So have made a deal on a new one which will be heading my way as soon as My USPS MO arrives at that end.

I can not find much info, either negative or positive about the reliability other than the destruction test videos provided here on the forum.

Can you guys who have them provide me with a bit of insight as to possible reliability issues and what type of performance #'s I may expect? :D

Thank's Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Carnivorous

Re: Please tell me about your Micro 355"s

Post by Carnivorous »

Pros
Great little compact hunting bow.
Sweet spot on the speed scale.
Super accurate
Black mainframe and riser

Cons
Eat your Wheaties before you cock it :)
It's a serving killer
Puts maximum stress on your limbs. I'm watching a splinter develop.. :(

I really like mine despite the few negatives..

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I had one last year, it was awesome! Well balance and hit like a ton of bricks.

Only reason I sold it was I was getting more speed from my custom bow, so I didn't need two
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

hey gene good luck on both your bow and health bob
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I love my Micro 355! It has a great performance but really not easy to cock. The mainframe was a little bit rough out of factory and had killed the serving fast. I
wrote to Dawn and now I have a new smooth mainframe and the serving has a longer life.
But if i would hunt with it, I wouldn't go out without a set of extra limbs.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

Love mine I have made about 50 shots very accurate and compact.getting 1" groups at 50 yards with BE zombies. I only use the crank to cock it as I have had surgery on my back
Dale
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I have the suppressor and really like it. Took a 160# bear that only went 10-15 yards. I'm using the stock quills and 150 grain boltcutters. I guess the strength needed to cock it is dependent on your body strength but I didn't find it to be a problem. When I do a 40 target 3D shoot I generally take the 315 and shoot 100 grain. They shoot very similar but the suppressor hits much harder. I bought the display bow and heard some cracking when I first shot it. I later noticed a splinter in the limb. I bought it from Woody's and took it back and had new limbs on in about 2 days. I am much more comfortable hunting with the suppressor than the 315. You made a good choice and I'm sure you'll like it.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Gene, can't wait to read your review on the 355 Micro. Good luck with it, and I hope all goes well with the treatment.
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
roly

Post by roly »

I really like my 355.
It's a lot to cock at my age and requires a different technique than my nox. I had the rail anodized to save on the serving wear and I carry an extra set of limbs, also I can't target shoot with it very long.

BUT.... when it comes to hunting I really really like my 355.
To me that's where it shines. The small frame is easy to carry in the bush and very accurate shooting free hand. In the tree stand it is a dream to use and manoeuvre. It shoulders well for me and has a balance I like and compared to my equinox it's light as a feather.

Of my 3 bows it's what I use first for hunting.
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

ImageGene First Good Luck With Your Treatments.
Your Going To Love The Micro 355 They Shoot Great :D :D :D
Mine Shooting Stock String & a 350 Grain Arrow Is Shooting 352FPS
I'm Now Shooting 16.5 Tapps at 366 Grains With a 100 Grain NAP Spitfire Doublecross Broadhead.
It Hits Hard , Accurate And Easy To Handle
Good Luck

Roger
Last edited by ROGER THAT on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gene i do pray n hope all goes well wid the treatments, pullin fer ya. Micro 355 i had was a cranker fer me. It was a servin eater, it was a small powerhouse
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Nice hearing from you Gene will drop you line ..Had laugh on you buying Harley after your medical report you are one tough guy for sure ..I do not have the 355 but I can hardly cock my 335 with Lymes problems I am having ..I did talk to friend that has 355 and his complaint is servings wear but so does my 335 ...

355 is big seller at MILLERS GUN SHOP in mill hall,pa and they know their bows and owners son is on olympic team thing on bow shooting etc...
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Hi, Best wishes for your health challenge, you have the right attitude!

I got a 355 Micro a few months ago after wanting one for a couple years and 2 false starts. The new Suppressors I looked at (with cash in my pocket) had very rough rails and I saw wear after just a handful of shots in the shop so I had to pass. I found my Micro used but in new condition and it had smooth anodized black rail from factory. I have around 400 shots now and virtually no wear on servings and very low down pressure. I don't use any rail lube either...
It does have a stiff pull but with my shortened rope I find it easier than my long stroke compound on my back. I don't know if I could have done it right after my chemo but no problem to shoot 40 or more shots now. There is a crank available so you are covered either way.
It is very accurate and easy to shoot because it has a great trigger. I have both factory and Flemish strings and the factory is noticably faster but feels harsher. It weighs 78 grains and the Flemish strings weigh 118 grains so they are very quiet and smoother. Not sure if I'll change back to factory for hunting but most likely will.
I am using 16.5" BEEs with 110 grain inserts and 125 grain tips that I believe are over 400 grains. They shoot great to 50yds even in high winds. Also put Lumenocks on a few to try but not sure if they will stay, I have white cresting and fletch on some and red on some so no visibility problem on bare ground or snow and the lights don't seem necessary to me.
I love the bow for it's feel and simplicity. Don't feel at all handicapped giving up 50 or 60 fps from my compound and it will be with me opening day for sure.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Thank's guys for all of these positive results... I'm happy to read only one post mentioning limbs and that was a splinter issue and presently having a Micro 335, I also have a spare set of brand new limbs on hand if needed. :wink:

I have always been very strong in my upper body where drawing a crossbow comes into play, so pretty sure this one will be doable even after radiation treatments.

Prognossis on the lung issue is good as it's very early stage I. To the degree they want to wait 6 more months to start radiation to insure it's big enough as well as dense enough to insure successful radiation results.

This is being done thru the VA, but treatments will actully be done by the Knight Cancer Institute which has facilities at the Oregon Health Sciences Universtity hospitol facility in Portland Ore...

IMO, it can't get much better than that. To date lymph nodes are clear and cancer has not spread to any other part of my body. ( praying it remains that way )

Should this bow work out as well as hoped for :P I expect to be putting a couple of my present excellent Excaliburs out there for others of you to enjoy. :wink:

Gene :D
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Good luck gene!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher