No Archery for me.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Re: No Archery for me.

Post by grouse »

I really feel for you people in the path of the hurricane. My son lives in Tampa and my wife and I are on pins and needles hoping for the best. The way this thing changed courses so late has made it difficult to go to a safer place. The dense population and short notice has led to massive traffic jams and gasoline shortages. People aren't even sure of where to go because the projected track keeps changing. This thing is real trouble.
axiom
350 SE
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

Yeh I be stuck at the house too, although I'm more inland than you. the way I get it, the 130 will be in st pete and it will go down a little as you go west. But If the reports are right 90 mile an hour winds aren't anything to sneeze at. I considered bugging out to camp in ga, was showing just a storm by the time it got there but I decided even If I could get there, not sure I could bet back with everyone else trying to get back, so I'll go next weekend. Be safe
Ron
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Hope everything works out for you
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

My son traveled from Northern Michigan to come help down there. He is a lineman and has worked on many storms.. This will be the first hurricane he has ever had to go through though... He and his company have been in south Florida since Friday and they are in a town riding out the storm like everyone else who stayed.. He is very good at this stuff so you guys are in good hands... When the wind slows down enogh for them to get out they will start putting lines back up... As he would say putting the fire back in the wire...
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Prayers out for you UPSMAN and everyone in the path of this huge storm,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

prayers for you guys and save the robe :lol:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
rjhans53

Post by rjhans53 »

rode it out in the house. sort of strange when it got dead quite at 1 am MOL. lost a 35 year old maple that I put in the ground, the mail box blew over, and minor damage to the roof. Power went out at 11 pm or so and the chain saw came out this am. running generator so we are good, guess it's back to work tomorrow
Ron
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

Glad to hear you did not get to much damage.. My thoughts are with everyone down there to stay safe..
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I'm grateful for everyone's concerns. We were very fortunate to have escaped this hurricane without a scratch. The yard is full of limbs and the power is out. The eye passed 20 miles to my East and put us in the eyewall on the West side. This is always the weaker side vs being on the East side of the eye. Hundreds of huge trees are down everywhere.Roof shingles are strewn far and wide. I'm so grateful that I chose to put a metal roof on our home a few years ago when we re-roofed. It held up without any visible damage at all. We got at least 11 inches of rain. My neighbor lost 6 huge oaks and a utility trailer. The storm was a Cat 2 when it passed by us but was at Cat 4 when it went over my brothers home in Ft. Myers. He was also very fortunate and only suffered minor damage. If you have never lived through a direct hit from a major hurricane, I find it hard to compare to anything else. The sound of the roaring wind is just terrifying. It's like being inside of a jet turbine at full throttle. I sure do hope that we're done with hurricanes for a while. It's time to focus on vacation and getting into the deer woods. Regards to all,

Dennis
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
munch

Post by munch »

Glad everyone's ok . Looks like you guys have a lot of work to do now
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Having Generator is MUST today..They are just great ...If any advice I could give is get a Generator ..Glad to see it was not as bad as predicted ..
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Prayers going out to you
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

God is Great and I hope you get to hunt on opening day. I know I cant wait