Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Post by Arrowflinger »

Just wondering. I have a ground blind (Ameristep) , whereas the windows are made of a camouflaged net that manufacturer says u can shoot thru . I'm wary of that . Has anyone or does anyone attempt a shot thru that netting. Definitely seems as though something could go wrong . I not even sure If I could make myself do that ,just wondering if anybody does that with success. Thanks for your replies.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
bigbowman

Re: Shoot-thru netting . Ill advised?

Post by bigbowman »

I used to when I used fixed blade Broadheads, but now I only shoot mechanical broadheads so I won’t shoot them thru the screens. I never had any problems when I did and no it never effected the accuracy from my crossbow. Just brush your blind in really good and put the screens down. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Tom

Post by Tom »

I shoot spitfire heads (not newer heads, have had them for a while). I tested them through the screens because I could not see the arrow flying true after going through the screen. Out to 40 yards I had zero change in impact. That really surprised me.

I do recommend that if you plan on shooting through the screen, you should test it first.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I don't use the netting I take it down because I can't see well enough through it .also range finders won't work through it .
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

hunter with MS wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 am
I don't use the netting I take it down because I can't see well enough through it .also range finders won't work through it .

X2
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
rossh

Post by rossh »

X3
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .
catclr

Post by catclr »

Like stated above, only with fixed blade broadheads. Yes a ranger finder does not work with the screen.

I don't use the screens, but when hunting out of any ground blind that has the black inside, do these two things and you will be less seen by animals, ONE-----DO NOT have any windows open behind you, and TWO----wear BLACK CLOTHING on any part of you above the window level. So a black sweatshirt, gloves, hat, and facemask will make a big difference. With the black clothing you blend into the inside of the blind.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks guys for all the input. I may just give it a whirl with my Boltcutters.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR