Coon Fight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Coon Fight

Post by vixenmaster »

We had us good Donnybrook at the Feeder this mornin. Half growed coon were in the live trap, every time i tried to get my fingers to open the door. Either the coon tried to bite me n or my Abby tried to tear the door off to get at the coon. I gotstid the door open the coon comes out n runs up my left leg i kicked off jus long enuff fer it to come back up almost to my waist. Abby grabbed in in the middle n the fight was on. They were shakin the leaves, my Josey Pie got in a few snipes on the coon, then she went over by the Feeder to let the other 2 girls have the fun. Abby was shakin it like a rag doll n would toss it up in the air. When it hit the groung it either was goin after Gussy or Abby clawin n bitin. I was gonna video it but that leg climbin threw me into a protection mode :lol: Well after a few min's of good play wid her new friend Abby jus crushed its chest in her jaws n ended the play time
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: Coon Fight

Post by xcaliber »

Good times so long as the coon doesn't get a good scratch on the dog! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

That would stir your blood the coon on leg lol :lol:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Biggest fight I ever heard was two coons fighting at night. The screams sounded like babies in pain. Put a flashlite at the tree and they would stop fighting then when the flashlite went out they would start fighting again. I will never forget the sound. At least not till dementia arrives that is. :lol: CHEERS!
8ball

Post by 8ball »

vixenmaster wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm
We had us good Donnybrook at the Feeder this mornin. Half growed coon were in the live trap, every time i tried to get my fingers to open the door. Either the coon tried to bite me n or my Abby tried to tear the door off to get at the coon. I gotstid the door open the coon comes out n runs up my left leg i kicked off jus long enuff fer it to come back up almost to my waist. Abby grabbed in in the middle n the fight was on. They were shakin the leaves, my Josey Pie got in a few snipes on the coon, then she went over by the Feeder to let the other 2 girls have the fun. Abby was shakin it like a rag doll n would toss it up in the air. When it hit the groung it either was goin after Gussy or Abby clawin n bitin. I was gonna video it but that leg climbin threw me into a protection mode :lol: Well after a few min's of good play wid her new friend Abby jus crushed its chest in her jaws n ended the play time
Did you have to change your fruit of the looms?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Naw but i had rather use a baseball bat than my hand. Less damage to me :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

My old hunting pard was always up for a challenge or a tussle and when we hunted marshy terrain off corn fields for pheasants we'd run into coon burrowed under the moguls. I think he liked fightin coon more than shooting birds n his dog must have too cuz he found way more than my lab did. One time they got into a big one and it ripped up his waders and he wound up beating it down with his shotgun. idk which had me laughing harder back at the truck- his ruined $200 waders n wet clothes or the huge crack running the length of his gun stock. :lol:
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE