New Micro 355 has landed.... Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

New Micro 355 has landed.... Review

Post by L. E. Carroll »

She came in yesterday and I spent a couple hours getting her set up "MY WAY".

First off, I removed the entire scope/ trigger arrangement from my Matrix 380, They are both identicle units. However, my 380 unit includes a fine trigger that has been worked over by "BOO" as well as a Hawke XB30 Sr Pro. I did exchange the hold down levers back and forth, as IMO the shorter one on the Micro fits the shorter rail better.

This unit went on the new Micro and the the new Micro unit ( complete ) went on the Matrix 380. ( with the correct hold down lever included ).

I also switched the camo wrapped stirrup, camo Munch Mount, and "Claw" rifle sling from the 380. :mrgreen: As those are all features I wanted on this bow quickly for this afternoons Elk safari.

I will say up front, that I have never had an issue cocking any of my Excalibur's with anything other than a cocking rope.... This bow is no different for me due to it's very short draw length :wink: ... I find both it and my Micro 335 " are "over before I realize It's done". :shock:

Having simply put the trigger unit as a whole into the new Micro, I found at 20 yards, my factory 16 1/2" Quill with a 125 gn Stainless G5 Montec hit within 1" of dead center of a high-viz 5/8" "Dot" I had placed on my 18-1 target.

While using a shooting bench with a adjustable rifle rest, I simply needed a slight speed adjustment to raise the impact point from that of the 380 to bring this bow to hitting right on the button at 40 yards.

This, like all excaliburs, is "Scary Accurate" to the degree it's all ready to "Ride Shotgun" in the passanger seat of the old Bronco as I head out for Elk this afternoon...

I just wish it was not so hot here in the Pac. NW, as I would actually love it to rain some to cut down the fire danger and get the Private Logging interests to once again open their millions of acreas to hunting.... ( They are shut down at present due to the extreme fire danger, leaving only state and federal land for our states sportsmen :roll: ....and I'm finding this to be pretty crouded at this point. )

If you can handle the draw weight and would like a great compact hunting bow this could definately be the one your looking for. :wink:

Gene
sorry for the lack of chrono numbers but it's hunting season and time is limited. :mrgreen:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
vixenmaster

Re: New Micro 355 has landed.... Review

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer happy n that is the good thing, congrats on yer Micro. How hot is it there ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Above 90 deg but not sure just how much....... I do know it''s Dry as a Popcorn Fart. :roll:
We have been gagging on the smoke from several nearby forest fires but today the wind is good so it's going the other way. :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good Luck Gene! Sounds like you're happy with the 355 Mini! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on the Micro 355 and good luck hunting
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Sounds good. Sounds like u got the tiger by the tail
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Congratulations,Gene stick a bull of a lifetime :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Good luck, we can't wait to see your pictures.. :wink:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Very nice Gene we knew you could pull that baby .. 8)

That is HOT to hunt we are at 45/65 temps here in pa and 4 days of rain from Hurricane coming :cry: Had 3 bulls in area this week 1 was 7x7 they move a lot now ...

get a GO PRO for your hat I am getting one off e bay to put on my dog while he is pointing ruff grouse or use while I am in my stand..

good luck on elk..
roly

Post by roly »

Congrats on that new bow..... enjoy.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Congrats Gene! I just unboxed my new-to-me Matrix 380 last night. I'm up to 4 bows temporarily until I get my 355 up for sale.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Gene, how do you like it compared to your 350?

we've had some frosty mornings here in northern wisconsin (great firewood weather!) but now that the archery deer season is gonna open, temps are up to the mid 80's. Not like by you but seems wrong with all the fall color we are getting here.

mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
SEW

Post by SEW »

Your write up seems like a professional review. The size is appealing. Looking forward to a great elk hunt for you.