Matrix Hardware Kit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SummitSitter

Matrix Hardware Kit

Post by SummitSitter »

There was a thread a while back regarding a hardware kit (Titanium Bolt Kit) for the Matrix 355. The screws are terrible that come with the Air Brakes, and I have already stripped some of them. Are these kits worth the money for $70?

http://www.ti64.com/product-p/450.htm
xcaliber

Re: Matrix Hardware Kit

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, pretty disappointing that you have to replace fasteners right out of the gate pretty much.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

pick up a 1/4 drive ratchet and proper allen sockets. it will give you better torque in getting the screws off.i dont think its worth the weight savings unless your into counting ounces. as long as you maintain your equipment just give your screw heads a quick wipe with some archery type unscented oil. you could also rub or fill the screw head voids with a little string wax for rain protection. if you wanna give it a try and have the extra money then go for it. the factory screw are rated for certain stresses.i would just make sure you know what your getting into if you replace any.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

foofoo wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:07 pm
pick up a 1/4 drive ratchet and proper allen sockets. it will give you better torque in getting the screws off.i dont think its worth the weight savings unless your into counting ounces. as long as you maintain your equipment just give your screw heads a quick wipe with some archery type unscented oil. you could also rub or fill the screw head voids with a little string wax for rain protection. if you wanna give it a try and have the extra money then go for it. the factory screw are rated for certain stresses.i would just make sure you know what your getting into if you replace any.
What would I be getting into...meaning the extra cost for the titanium screws?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Do a search here, one of the members did a lot of work to make up kits that are model specific.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 am
Do a search here, one of the members did a lot of work to make up kits that are model specific.
Think it was Derrick( racking up points) that got it together. He might be able to help you decide. Great guy, too
Normous

Post by Normous »

If you prefer you can buy specific fasteners from Ti64 instead of the whole kit. All my Excalibur's use the ti64 fasteners with better socket design, lighter weight, and non rusting characteristics.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

SummitSitter wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 am
foofoo wrote:
the things that can pop up to cause extra grief.the issue or stripping the limb recoil screws ,not being able to remove a screw because youve rounded a head, replacing the screws and stripping the trigger box. just saying to know other things can come up. just go slow and use a torque wrench if you can. some use thread locker but i dont. scope base screws ive replaced with stainless but like i said some metals are more brittle under stress so i wouldnt use them on the limbs.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

It's possibly that I did use thread locker on those stripped screws. I wound up ordering the complete hardware kit before reading that you can buy the individual bolts. I would think these titanium bolts will be a lot better than the stock hardware that comes with the crossbow and the Air Brakes...

foofoo wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm
SummitSitter wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 am
foofoo wrote:
the things that can pop up to cause extra grief.the issue or stripping the limb recoil screws ,not being able to remove a screw because youve rounded a head, replacing the screws and stripping the trigger box. just saying to know other things can come up. just go slow and use a torque wrench if you can. some use thread locker but i dont. scope base screws ive replaced with stainless but like i said some metals are more brittle under stress so i wouldnt use them on the limbs.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Delete