??? Spitfire Shooters ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: ??? Spitfire Shooters ???

Post by amythntr »

….. one of the first thing that MANY purchasers of Spits do is open and close the blades a few times to check the cutting diameter, check the sharpness of the blades or to show off to their friends….it is absolutely what you should not be doing

….the nipple that holds the blades in place is stamped into a piece of tin… even doing this once or twice will wear down the nipple causing an inability to hold the blades closed….resulting in many of the complaints; don’t do it!

….. also, if you want a practice head…. JB Weld an old BH closed and you have your PH!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Spitfire heads are now coming from China. They are being made there now. Ask me how I know. I'm switching to another brand.
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Buzzard II wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:49 pm
Spitfire heads are now coming from China. They are being made there now.
Taiwan actually. I too sent back the last 2 packages I got when I realized that.
A dedicated hunt on many Forums resulted in just over 20 US made versions, and a handful of rebuild kits.
That should suffice for the next few years anyway... Fingers crossed of course!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

IronNoggin,
I stand corrected. Glad you were able to find USA made broadheads. Good hunting!
Bob
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!