Spitfire practice blades do exist

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Spitfire practice blades do exist

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.org/image/a0lw35d11/]Image[ This is what the practice blades look like even though there useless because l have never seen a measurable difference from a field point from my five bows or numerous friends bows at a hunting distance.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Re: Spitfire practice blades do exist

Post by sproulman »

On E bay they are $9.73 ea ...Do you see difference from practice to actual hunting point ?
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

1/2 inch at best
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:18 pm
1/2 inch at best
I think I saw that also getting my memory back going to shoot on monday ...going to try regular field points,SF practice and hunting SF just to see what happens at 30 yds..If I can cock my micro 335 still have Lymes in my wrists but getting better ..

SF weights kind of are off from 103 up 106.9 grs on 100 gr points.....
longbow joe

What do you guys climb with

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.org/image/5t78c14xh/]Image[l was just curious as what you guys climb trees with these days. I have been a big fan of the ladderstand in my older years where l hunt but l still use my 1990 era loc on 7lb windwalker stand and newer helium climbing sticks . This little small stand is awsome l wish they still made them. l can clip it to my back pack so l only have the sticks and a bow to hold. As climber goes l have had the 1990s era trailhawk climber this stand has been on a jillion hunts with me and still almost new except for a little wear in the holes. I still am fit enough to hug the tree without a climber for now l only go up about 12 feet nowadays not 20 like when it and l were younger.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sorry put that treestand post in the wrong place
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

lol..They will move it maybe.

I am SUMMIT fan and I was one of the inventors of the sound deadening system they use now ..
Summits by far are most comfortable climbers ..If you sharpen teeth they hold on like wolverine claws ..I have the one that you can face tree or away..rails are nice I fall asleep all the time .. :roll: never fear falling out of it....My brother likes viper but they are too tight for me in winter with heavy clothes on ..
SUMMITS are fairly heavy stand to carry but I use Molley harness to carry ..

Now if you want to carry stand out daily and go in miles etc best is LONE WOLF..But they are not comfortable ..The rubber cables catch heavy red oak bark..

If you get SUMMIT and not carrying it far I would go with biggest like TITAN ,if going far get viper..If i leave stand at bottom of tree with big heavy truck chain and lock you cannot cut i can be up my tree and set in about 10 minutes or so ..TRUCK CHAINS on publicland so far are working good nice to be able to leave stand if coming out next day...
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Image a grimm reaper practice head looks closer to the spitfire to me.
mikej

Post by mikej »

That's great news I've been wishing for years spitfire had practice heads . I've been using a grim reaper practice head and they do fly exactly the same
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

mikej wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 am
That's great news I've been wishing for years spitfire had practice heads . I've been using a grim reaper practice head and they do fly exactly the same
You only get blades and you take head and install them...They are on e bay for $9.73 total to your house...I use them but NOW I glued a hunting point blades shut and going to use hunting point for practice ...