Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: What do you guys climb with

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:00 am
wildcatter wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 pm
I usually don't, but when I do I use the best,, my Timber Tall Super Brute,, with upgrade padded seat and backrest,,, the only problem is I seem to nod off frequently when I'm this comfortable!
Very nice! Yep it's easy to get the nods sometimes.
Notice the self leveling on floor ..That is nice IF it does not break overtime..Notice the sling seat very nice.

on my Summit 180 max i have no problem leveling my floor because I go up tree and try everything before i hunt Have my trees picked out...So if floor is tilted wrong UI make mental note of the tilt i need at bottom of tree..

As you get better at climbing you will learn how much tilt yu need at ground..

but that leveling is nice because you do not have to tilt the stand at ground and can level it way up...
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Ol'Man Vision is the only stand I've used for over 20 years now.If I leave it on public land over night, I use 2 padlocks that fit perfectly in the pin holes to keep is secure. Very good treestand. When i'm at hunting height, I take leafy cut camo blind material and wrap around the tree and stand. It wraps around the gun/footrest when packing in and out.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I love my gucci lone wolf climber light and easy to climb you can put me on the list too if you ever want to give another away !
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sorry for slamming the brand. Just not for me! I have a buddy that loves his too,no not the one I gave away. :lol: Glad you like yours, and if I had one I'd gladly send it to you.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I wish they would steal also. They make these battery operated cut off saws n they jus walk up n cut my cables / locks / Trail cams jus that quick n walk off in jus a few min's wid my stuff
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mike, one year we had four hang on stands swiped. We would go in to hunt with our Lone Wolf sticks over our shoulder, three sections to get us up where we had our ladder sections locked to the tree, those were gone too. That was a many year ago. I quit leaving stuff out after that season. Climber, blind, or stalk hunt now.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup it happens on private land jus as bad as public. Only reason i have not had stuff stole at my lease is there are 3 locked gates n half mile to the the 3rd one from the 1st. Not many pecker heads want to go that fer jus to see if'en there is sumpin to steal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mikej

Post by mikej »

sproulman wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am
mikej wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:01 pm
All very good points , luckily I hunt private land so my climber goes on the tree and stays there
I wish folks would not steal ..You have it made if you can leave climber..
8)
Yep it's perfectly clear it is private and visitors are not welcome but you're right I hate a thief
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 pm
I'm sorry for slamming the brand. Just not for me! I have a buddy that loves his too,no not the one I gave away. :lol: Glad you like yours, and if I had one I'd gladly send it to you.
I was first I want the bottom and use my summit top ...Seats on LW are bad they did make them wider...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

vixenmaster wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:22 pm
I wish they would steal also. They make these battery operated cut off saws n they jus walk up n cut my cables / locks / Trail cams jus that quick n walk off in jus a few min's wid my stuff
Mike,rechargeable saw/saw they cut quick.Now they make them so small..No bolt cutters used ..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm
Mike, one year we had four hang on stands swiped. We would go in to hunt with our Lone Wolf sticks over our shoulder, three sections to get us up where we had our ladder sections locked to the tree, those were gone too. That was a many year ago. I quit leaving stuff out after that season. Climber, blind, or stalk hunt now.
cheap 49 dollar ladderstands they do not bother but you have to nick bolts,NO SEAT and chain top to tree or you will find it all over woods in pieces ...I am making 1 up as I type and going to use my summit top on it and bring it in everyday ..Top is light to carry and great seat...

I am still mad over losing our 400 dollar summit titan and guys that did it showed up next day to hunt area..But how do you prove it ...
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Ol'man New can't wait to use it.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Which one?
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Has anyone given these climbers a try ?

BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

30 years ago I climbed with a pair of tree/pole climbers I purchased from Cabelas. I used to shinny up a tree with no safety harness, pull up my 5# aluminum stand (AlumiLock) And hang it about 35' up. I have probably used them twice in the last 20 years as I have converted to mostly using 20' ladder stands with an occasional hang on and tree steps.
It has nothing to do with my age or the condition of my body at this stage of life. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: