Climing with lone wolf sticks and hangon . works for me :D :D :D

Roger
Can't beat the lone wolf hang on..love mine
sproulman

Re: What do you guys climb with

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:37 pm
It's hot, and the season still has not started here. I'm just poking fun anyway.
It was 92 here in pa today.. :shock: Saturday its dropping to 38 degrees .. :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good Luck Jim! We'll get down into the 50's Sunday morning, our opener. I'm going to take my Aunt out for lunch however, and i have about a 90 minute drive to her place. Hopefully next weekend for me.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Up in the trees about 24', and chilling in my Drone. Had to level out twice, but no big deal. This stand did kick my arse though, HEAVY! :lol:
Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/yq8m0zp9h/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/4myomsbdx/]Image
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm
Up in the trees about 24', and chilling in my Drone. Had to level out twice, but no big deal. This stand did kick my arse though, HEAVY! :lol:
Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/yq8m0zp9h/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/4myomsbdx/]Image
I had one and returned it. Just too darn heavy for my uses. I did like it when I got it on the tree.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
janesy

Post by janesy »

I sat in my Ameristep Grizzly on Monday for almost 12 hours and 13 the day before. I'm now considering a better climber. It was pretty hard to sit in and having to adjust every hour was no good.
Weight is not a concern, comfort is my goal now
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don't know how old you are, but in the later 50's it's hard to sit still no matter what! This stand does help some, but it's heavy. They claim 23 pounds, I think they got the numbers reversed. :lol: :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 am
I don't know how old you are, but in the later 50's it's hard to sit still no matter what! This stand does help some, but it's heavy. They claim 23 pounds, I think they got the numbers reversed. :lol: :lol:
I'm 35, so if my climber makes my legs fall asleep now, I think it's time for me to send it on its way.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep. Honestly I can and do tote this one close to a mile each way with a back pack attached. I would guess total weight around 35 pounds. I'm not as fit as I was at 35, but really it's not that rough on my old bones. I do walk on our treadmill a lot with it set on an incline, figure if that doesn't kill me, I'm alright! These stands were going for about $400 US, but you can find them on eBay for around $250. New.
Good luck this fall,
Dan
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sorry, eBay has them for $275. Free shipping.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Summit climbers are fairly comfortable as said when you get in your 50s I am 64 its hard to sit all day...

I like Summit 180 max for room and you can face tree ...But I am using my ladderstand this season with Summit 180 top only...Took the floor of ladderstand and made it bigger ...

Too hard carrying climber out and worrying about someone stealing it ...I bought cheap ladderstand 49 bucks they do not bother them....

I do use my game cart to bring my climber out it works great....Then next day in i go with climber and everything on cart,get to about 75 yards,unload everything and hide cart with lock in brush then sneak into my spot with climber works great ..

I put a flashing red light up in my tree so in dark I can find my tree each day..
That light is just great it works off remote but i had to disable the beep sound so you can find tree in daylight ..I got little off path today ,hit light and there it was..

24 ft up is too high for me in archery I go to about 15/17 ft ..In rifle season I like about 12/15 ft ..

nice thing about ladderstand you can come down,take leak in bottle,lay on ground etc move your legs....It is great with Summit 180 max seat ..

Game cart is just GREAT...Some like 1 wheel one I use cheap 70 dollar ones from e bay with BIG 2 dia spoke wheels..
Only reason I went to ladderstand is I can get in tree quick at 6am at 10 degrees,wind blowing ,cold and only have to carry in my TOP section of Summit 180 max ,great seat and very light to carry ..

No climbing trees in dark and cold etc and tired from sitting day before ...
That game cart will haul your ladderstand out with bow on it and all your clothes etc also haul your climber it is so easy ...
make sure you have good hat light when using cart ..

I laughed when it says DRONE weights just 28 pds ..unreal heavy then add your clothes/food etc HEAVY ...

I found way to adjust my floor on Summit if I wanted too..Use small bungee cord secured on floor edge to hold the cable clip down on right side so I can level floor if needed..It holds it down so you can adjust the floor while you are sitting in your seat you can use 2 hands and back of your feet on outside to lift a little to adjust...
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hope you have a rabbits foot in your pocket while you're adjusting to level. :shock:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pm
I hope you have a rabbits foot in your pocket while you're adjusting to level. :shock:
Tell I am feeling better on Lymes :lol: Now if I can get my sister to stop picking at me today :roll: Then brother walks in and said he did not listen to me on only taking broadside shot on nice Buck at no more than 35 yards in pa woods he wounded the Buck and lost it with lighted lumenock hanging on its front.. :shock:
Actually I am good at it BUT to rec it too anyone,no...

USING stabilizer straps on each side is must without them I would never do it..
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad you're feeling good Jim. Take Care, and good luck. I'm going to quit messing with you buddy. Hope you feel good through the whole season!
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Excalibur. The BIG one . Ol man it's heavy but. Never felt safer in a tree. My older stand API Grand Slam . Great stand . But felt I was gonna zip down tree. I Guess my muscles aren't what they use to be. I'm 52 old & bold