Re: To hot here to hunt

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes sir we set a record here today fer my area on this day, 92 degrees
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Was 90 here in central Wisconsin today! Was so humid it was almost stifling! Still sick so really haven’t missed any really good early hunting days yet. 😉 I’m hoping to be ready in about another week or two, then watch out deer! Lol 🏹 Hopefully weather will be back to normal for this time of the year! Good luck all! 🦌
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
SEW

Post by SEW »

Tomorrow 90+ here slightly S of My View , AR. Opening day of archery bear season. Quota is usually filled during 2nd day. So, I'll be in my very small blind at daylight till dark or shoot a bear. Same the next 2 days. Plus, bear sightings go way down around here after the first few days of deer/bear season.
Going to give Paul's previous M405 the honor of first shot, unless it's about dark when I'll use the other xbow, the BD400/Duralyt lighted.

Bear , here at least, tend to move in the heat about as well as when it's a little cooler.

Good luck to all!
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

SEW wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Tomorrow 90+ here slightly S of My View , AR. Opening day of archery bear season. Quota is usually filled during 2nd day. So, I'll be in my very small blind at daylight till dark or shoot a bear. Same the next 2 days. Plus, bear sightings go way down around here after the first few days of deer/bear season.
Going to give Paul's previous M405 the honor of first shot, unless it's about dark when I'll use the other xbow, the BD400/Duralyt lighted.

Bear , here at least, tend to move in the heat about as well as when it's a little cooler.

Good luck to all!
Good luck Steve!
SEW

Post by SEW »

deadeer wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:13 am
SEW wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Good luck to all!
Good luck Steve!

Thank you! Leaving now.
R-BassJr

Post by R-BassJr »

91F in Manistee today(Sat). Forecast for 65F on opener next weekend,,,,, please Mr. Weatherman be spot-on for a change.
Micro Raid 335
16.5" Quills
150 gr Boltcutters
398-401 total gr weight
Meeeechigan(USA)
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Shot my EAB doe yesterday in 89 degree heat here in NJ... 15 yard broadside shot on her with the Bulldog 400, 430 grain Zombie and a slick trick.. she fell 10 yards from the corn... Broke right leg and she couldn't run anywhere... Easy tracking in that nasty heat...

I live for hunting season every year, and though it get nasty out sometimes I have to go unless it's a down pour.

Pic for reference of distance traveled from the bait when she dropped....lol.. She will be tender for sure..

Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

ihunt wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:14 am
There announcing high temps here for this weekends opening day, it will be so hot that here in Montreal that they' cancelled the annual marathon. But hot or not I'm still going hunt'n :P
At 38C (100F) I stayed home. Your a more dedicated Hunter than me Ihunt, I sweat to much to be walking to my stand in this heat, plus it just does not feel like hunting season if I'm not a little bit chilled.

Let us know how u did
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Bullzeye wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:52 am
ihunt wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:14 am
There announcing high temps here for this weekends opening day, it will be so hot that here in Montreal that they' cancelled the annual marathon. But hot or not I'm still going hunt'n :P
At 38C (100F) I stayed home. Your a more dedicated Hunter than me Ihunt, I sweat to much to be walking to my stand in this heat, plus it just does not feel like hunting season if I'm not a little bit chilled.

Let us know how u did
This is a reply from another thread here in the Xcal forum (adjust hunting strategy when temps 86F +)

Well I'm in Quebec and went this morning, opening day, and I must say it was too hot! Was in my ground blind about a hour and half before sun rise and before I knew it the temp was rising quickly and it felt like I was in an oven by 9:00am I packed up and left!!
Before I left I checked my cameras and noticed the deer since this heat wave the deer have been coming out much later in the dark instead during early morning and evening hours. Anyway things maybe looking up they're announcing much cooler weather the end of this week
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats Grassyknoll !
were limited to 2 gallon bait pile or pay a $503 fine!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Riflemanz wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm
Congrats Grassyknoll !
were limited to 2 gallon bait pile or pay a $503 fine!
Thanks Riflemanz, I wish baiting were off the table here in NJ but the reality of it is that if you choose not to, then you won't see deer because the next guy does bait... On County Park property there is a 5 gallon bucket limit but on WMA there are no limits on bait size... I typically drop off 50 lbs a week in three different spots I hunt... A lot of work for sure but...
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice job grassy. One year when i hunted in lambertville l was blessed with a fresh road killed doe to meet my earn a buck quota. I promptly took it to sportsmans center for an ear tag. I felt so cheap afterwards the guilt is still with me years later lololol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
SEW

Post by SEW »

You Canadians with your 38 C!!! I'm so envious that y'all (I'm an Arkansan) had the sense to go metric. But like the way our political system went this time verses yours.
Incidentally, I've been in a small, metal sided bear blind, virtually on top of my bait (55 yards) in 33C temps last 2 days. Have only seen deer and turkey. After all the criticism I got last year for hunting so far from my bait barrel (57 yds), I moved on in to 55 yards to keep the criticism down.
For whomever cares, I brought an extra set of limbs to the stand. I want to kill the bear with my newly acquired M405 (Paul's) but it has an XB75 scope which isn't good in low light. So my "extra" set of limbs are mounted on my BD400/Optimizer/ see in the dark 2-8 Duralyt lighted. I hunt the last 20 - 30 minutes with it.
Hotter in Quebec than Arkansas!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Sew, Good luck.. :)
Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.