Midge Fly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Micro.slayer

Midge Fly

Post by Micro.slayer »

Deer are dying! Last count ( ballpark ) 200 (4) down the road from me. Also I've noticed driving down the road and smelling a lot of dead deer. But none are visible on the side of the road. And I'm afraid that we won't get a heavy frost in weeks to kill this Fly. It was 87 today
Horizontal Hunter

Re: Midge Fly

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have read some reports of EHD in Ohio, SE Kentucky, and even in lower Connecticut.

Where are you located? It isn't listed in your profile?

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

It's been reported in 3 counties in SW PA. News stations reported 150 dead deer. I'm afraid that it will be 10 times that number or mord before we get a frost.
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Pgh.Pa. 12 miles North. People don't understand why we are bow hunters and why we hunt Deer. But when Whitetails get bit by a fly ( With a disease ) And they get a fever so bad. That they run around in circles. Burning up! And dying in 10 days after bit. Mother Nature is 100 times worse than Man could ever be.
janesy

Post by janesy »

There's nothing particularly uncruel or forgiving about mother nature. But that's the way it works.
I think a true hunter gatherer needs to understand that our impact is far worse than the reality of mother nature. We don't have the control that we think we do.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme