Post by Woody Williams »

Interesting story.

Check it out here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/13/gun.ph ... index.html

What's your opinion?

The pic in question -

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
striper not logged in

Post by striper not logged in »

Woody: Wait until Kerry/Edwards take office. Not only will the young man not be allowed to have his picture published in the yearbook with a double barrelled shotgun, he won't even be able to legally own it! The most liberal senators in the U.S. Senate are going to really push first for registration of all firearms, followed by the outlawing of private ownership of firearms. striper
Digger

Post by Digger »

If you would like we can send you the people that run our gun registration scheme (program). They should be able to keep the cost at about the cost of the Iraq War. Image 8) :wink:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
gad

Post by gad »

Men, I feel free to advise you again about the gun registration laws: fight against this kind of law with all your forces, cause these laws is just the first step to ban guns.

I live in Brazil, today law abidding citizens, like me, cannot carry or even buy a gun, cause the abusive and expensive taxxes the governent apply on the guns market.

I was shooting on a shot associaton for almost 9 years, since I was 21, the age when the old law allow someone to buy a gun.

Today, I cannot even carry a gun to go shot in my rural property, cause the taxxes that you must pay to get this kind of license is ABUSIVE TAXXES.

Carry a gun loaded, is almost impossible to do legally here in Brazil. Taxxes is more than abusive (2x the price of the gun/year!). :cry:

Post by Guest »

striper not logged in wrote:Woody: Wait until Kerry/Edwards take office. Not only will the young man not be allowed to have his picture published in the yearbook with a double barrelled shotgun, he won't even be able to legally own it! The most liberal senators in the U.S. Senate are going to really push first for registration of all firearms, followed by the outlawing of private ownership of firearms. striper
It is never going to happen, no way, no how! The gun issue is too much of a political polarizer to settle. Guns and abortion keep the hard left and hard right from using their brains in elections. Settle either of these issues, and politicians would need to find other issues to control people (gay marriage?).

The majority of U.S. Citizens are fed up with President Bush’s polarizing, hard-right conservative leadership. Two-thirds of Americans believe that President Bush is out in left field with respect to the economic issues. They are not crazy about Senator Kerry, but they want regime change. It is testament to how bad of a candidate Senator Kerry is that he is doing so poorly. A more moderate politician would bury President Bush in the polls. Anyone who does not believe this is living in conservative or liberal isolation.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

striper not logged in wrote:Woody: Wait until Kerry/Edwards take office. Not only will the young man not be allowed to have his picture published in the yearbook with a double barrelled shotgun, he won't even be able to legally own it! The most liberal senators in the U.S. Senate are going to really push first for registration of all firearms, followed by the outlawing of private ownership of firearms. striper
Quote a leaflet handed out this past Saturday for NRA-Political Victory Fund " If John Kerry wins, Hunters Lose...Kerry and Edwards think gun makers and dealers should pay for the acts of criminals...even if it means the end of America's firearms industry." John Kerry voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres to hunters., John Kerry voted for Ted Kennedy's ammendment to OUTLAW most ammunition used by deer hunters :!: I wonder if that will also be used against bolts for cossbows :?: Duh :!: I got lost here, this is a crossbow forum... :oops: guy's and gals :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Post by Guest »

Looks like a tasteful pic., but after Columbine, guns in yearbooks are going to be verbotten.

Stipper,
You're way off base, come back to reaility.
I fear the wacko far right evangelical zealots, just as much as the crazy atheistic far left anarchists.

I recall a protest in Washington D.C. during the Vietnam War and Nixon presidency. Among the signs held by the Vietnam Veterans Against the War was one that read, "The man is sick, get him help, but get him out of the White House first."
The delusions expressed by the current administration make this sentiment appropriate today.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

GaryL wrote:
Quote a leaflet handed out this past Saturday for NRA-Political Victory Fund " If John Kerry wins, Hunters Lose...Kerry and Edwards think gun makers and dealers should pay for the acts of criminals...even if it means the end of America's firearms industry." John Kerry voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres to hunters., John Kerry voted for Ted Kennedy's ammendment to OUTLAW most ammunition used by deer hunters :!: I wonder if that will also be used against bolts for cossbows :?: Duh :!: I got lost here, this is a crossbow forum... :oops: guy's and gals :twisted:
It would be nice to see citations to the bills in which this language appears. Sometimes the NRA is nothing but a bunch of hot air (like when they called the BATF a bunch "jack-booted thugs", which resulted in the first President Bush and yours truly resigning from the NRA).
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Anonymous wrote:
GaryL wrote:
It would be nice to see citations to the bills in which this language appears. Sometimes the NRA is nothing but a bunch of hot air (like when they called the BATF a bunch "jack-booted thugs", which resulted in the first President Bush and yours truly resigning from the NRA).
Not a problem with me as I am not a member nor a gun hunter, but I do own some firearms :!: And wish to keep them :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

back to the original picture....

Man it scares me to see where society is heading with it's views on guns. The kid is a star skeet/trap shooter (sanctioned olympic events are they not?), dressed in clean attire, safely sporting a legal weapon that he practises his sport with...and the picture is banned? That's just nuts.

We used to have a rifle range at high school, shot at lunch hour. Brought the shotguns to school and patterned them down on the range. What a change in just 20 years..... :(
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I have no problem with someone wanting to have this picture in a yearbook, but maybe I am biased. :D This is not a criminal. If he was a star baseball player or hockey player I'm sure they would have no problem with him posing with a hockey stick or a bat. This is his sport. The shotgun is his sporting equipment. Just as my crossbow is my piece of sporting equipment for the sport of hunting.

I never classify my guns or crossbow as a weapon. They are tools, pieces of equipment or firearms. I don't call my fishing gear weapons. The term weapon has a negative/criminal meaning/vibe to it. I am not a criminal and I have no criminal intent with the use of my firearms.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep thats the one they were handing out this past Saturday W.W.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!