Venting and asking for input

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Venting and asking for input

Post by Bullzeye »

Don, It's disrespectful, I'd be pissed too.

You have a great reputation as a string maker, anyone wanting a great string should have no issue paying up front.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm
To be clear, my asking for strings is not going to happen, and Don explained very well to me why. It is not to sell strings, or about the money. It's just plain wrong, and disrespectful to not get back to him to cancel and order, or explain why you no longer want one.
Don, I'm not going to bother you until you get this worked out. There have been some great suggestions, but you need to figure out what is the path best taken. You have all the support you need, and hopefully things work out well for all.
You got it Dan! Thank you!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

8ptbuk wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:13 pm
Don,
I'll tell you how I handle My String orders, As done stated, Ask for payment up front ! Most use PayPal but some use a Money Order or cheque (check) Wich is fine BUT understand I'm not starting the string until the cheque is cashed ! PayPal is going to get your string to you much quicker. I built an Excel Spreadsheet to keep up with all aspects of the order, Date of order, Date of payment received, Date string shipped, And details of the string requested. So far it's worked great but Im sure You get ALOT more orders than I do. I understand Your frustration ! Building strings is VERY time consuming ! Mike
Don,

I've bought several strings from 8ptbuk, and I have to say I have no problem paying before he starts. If they are serious about buying a string payment should be required before starting on it.

-Chris
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

You should see me collecting on Football pools for just 5 bucks..They hide,do not answer phone etc..I am fed up and stopping pools..

I would not make string until they pay pal me with money .. Your orders should go up if you use Paypal as that is only way some can pay .. :wink:

Even your relatives will take ya at times.. :x
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm
Don,
Here's my 2 cents. You need to sit down and re-evaluate what you are doing. Pick the top 2 or 3 things you really want to do, and then do those. Although it is "in" to be exhasuted all the time and have a schedule that runs us in circles...that is not how God intended you to live life. Build some margin into it. Have time to just sit and talk to someone who really needs that. Go hunting... take your wife on a date...whatever.

You can't add any more days to your life...but you CAN add more life to your days.

You said you wanted real suggestions... :mrgreen:

Besides, if making strings for anybody is high on your list, then this will cut down your lead-time, which I think would help. Another option is to limit your customer base to existing guys you trust..............

Keith
Crap Keith, if I did that, I would not spend a couple of hours week helping people nor would I have Boofest or a charity. If only you could see the amount I help others, friends and strangers alike and it is my pleasure to help (assuming they aren't being lazy). You know the drill Keith. I know you help lots of people as well.
When you hit my age, you'll hopefully find that there's a bunch of things you still want to do. But you look down that tunnel and see no light and the tunnel has an end you can see.
Limit to those existing people? about 15% of my orders are outside of north America.
This all about honour and respect that seems to be missing. Again, I'm mostly venting but I do appreciate your thoughts and effort buddy!
So it sounds like Boofest and making strings are 2 top priorities for you. I read through this whole thread and somewhere you admitted you need to start saying "no". That is the root of the issue I think....you can't do everything even though you want to. And burning the candle at both ends WILL catch up with you one way or another. Anyway............one more suggestion.

Accept no more orders until you complete and ship every order you have now. Then you have a clean slate and can start fresh with a new management scheme and your lead time will drop dramatically. You've seen that repeated here too. It's too long.

I know you like to do business with a man's word and a handshake. I do too. But the reality is that you will get burned by that sometimes. The other option is to choose to demand payment up front. The way you choose to do business will send a message. Which message do you want to send? "Be a man of your word and treat others with respect and honor" Or "money is very important". Either way is fine, it's just how you want to approach things.

Thanks for doing all you do. Take a beat, and in the end you will make the right move.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Don, one other approach would be this. If nobody has prepaid for a string, you owe nothing to anyone. Clearly point out that you have decided to change your strategy, period.
Now, you make what you want, and sell from inventory. Easy does it Don, now you're not under the pressure of filling orders. The custom stuff can be prepaid with the understanding of the leadtime.

Good luck Don!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Normous wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 am
The way I see it, the new company rule states a customer will get his string after he pays for it.
x2
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

My cousin is builder ..He and his son built a home wall $10,000.00 dollars.Owners husband makes $90.000.00 per year as manager and wife makes $60,000.00 as Nurse ..They would not pay him.He went to judge and judge said..You are number 12 in line ..

To this day he has not got penny ..They hooked a cable on wall and were going to pull house over and sheriff arrested them... :shock:

Now he charges 1/3 up front ,1/3 in middle and 1/3 at end...
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If I were you, I would collect in full when the order is made. You appear to have some people who target you and if they have not been smart enough to try this avenue (they don't come across as brilliant) to ruin your day yet, they soon will
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks guys! You've all give me good things to think about.
One hundred percent payment before making the string as well as a completion date is a definite. I don't like doing that but it seems it's my best option.
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 pm
If I were you, I would collect in full when the order is made. You appear to have some people who target you and if they have not been smart enough to try this avenue (they don't come across as brilliant) to ruin your day yet, they soon will
You're right Neil, some of the IP addresses do not match the location on the orders.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I think you are making a wise decision Don.

In my business I insist on payment up front, and it's not that I don't trust people.

It's just that I don't want some son of a btch spoiling my faith in Mankind......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That's a good way to put it right there! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hi5 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm
I think you are making a wise decision Don.

In my business I insist on payment up front, and it's not that I don't trust people.

It's just that I don't want some son of a btch spoiling my faith in Mankind......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to send the strings before payment to keep things simple but I've been burnt one too many times.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 pm
... I still want to purchase one, but I want you to send it Ironnoggin, Matt for his Birthday, we share the same day, and he would appreciate the string very much. Let me know in a PM what to send you, and get that string out before April 13th!
Just what did I do to earn such a noble gesture?? :shock:

Wondering...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."