Basspro and Cabela's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Basspro and Cabela's

Post by janesy »

Well it's official, the deal has gone through. Basspro now owns Cabela's . Got an email today announcing it.

Too bad, was hoping it wasn't going to be allowed.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Re: Basspro and Cabela's

Post by xcaliber »

Cabelas always had a better price on the gear i liked, a bigger archery dept. but both are good. My hope is that they keep both open. Cabelas is like 3 miles away, Bass Pro. about 12. I can't really complain, so I won't. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I think they both have pretty solid reps down there. On this side, it can be a little different . Cabela's is a much nicer spot to visit. And much more kid friendly. Although I do like redhead clothes. Cabela's has a more high end feel, although it likely isn't, just mechandising.
Cabelas Canada website is great, Basspro is terrible, money grab left right and center
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

What's great about this merger is that all Bass Pro gift cards can be exchanged for Cabelas gift cards! Don't forget your veterans discount too!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

guy i know laughs when i go into those stores. he calls them junk stores.i like Cabelas clothing and Meindel boots but you gotta wait out for the sales and credit offers.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Yep just got my email too.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I gave up on Cabela's long ago,, they have become no more than a glorified Dick's in my opinion, only difference in what they sell is Cabelas has there name pasted to the same stuff Dick's sells without labels and for 1/4 the price!

I don't waste my time anymore, Dick's Cabela's Bass Pro,, don't matter you just get to decide how much tou want to pay for the same Chinese crap, been a long time since I considered them the Worlds foremost outfitter,,, them days are long gone,, and with this marriage, I don't see that changing!

I'll shop elsewhere and pay the same price for better equipment! Just the way I have seen it for a couple years now!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Cabelas hasnt all gone down the tubes. i dont think Dicks even rates clothing wise unless you like carhart work cloths... Cabelas has the Microtex line, Wooltimate series clothing. Mt050 rainwear is very good stuff.they carry Helly rain gear usually have reddi and simms waders.there pack boots and Meindel boots made in Germany. you cant find that at Dicks.they even carry Sitka gear.always a good selction of merino wool too. way i see it my buddy can call it junk stores all he wants but i havent seen him stay more than 2-3 hours in the woods :mrgreen:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Too expensive ..We stopped buying there 15 years ago ..They used to give you free extra fishing rods for big orders or 15% off etc ..6 dollars for pack of rubber worms..NUTS..
mikej

Post by mikej »

Wow didn't see that one coming
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

As nice as their catalogs were, I always found Cabelas a bit pricey.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I find both of those stores pricey! If I can’t get it cheap online then my last resort is fleabay. I would only shop there as a last resort or for an emergency! 😆
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

bigbowman wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 pm
I find both of those stores pricey! If I can’t get it cheap online then my last resort is fleabay. I would only shop there as a last resort or for an emergency! 😆
When I fished the National bass tournaments they used to give you free rod if your order was big enough.Free shipping ..NOT NOW..They are way over priced and I refuse to buy anything from them..
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Well yes they are pricey. When your always building new stores . The cabelas in Wheeling was really a hub and distribution warehouse for the reading store . And for people on the east coast. So think about all those employees. The warehouse was a 1/4 mile down the road. There overhead had to be high. Don't forget about all those animal mounts and the showrooms. People work to much and to long today. Window shopping is in the past. Smart phones and lab tops changed everything. Go home after work and your item is sitting at your front door. The Cracker Barrel restaurant next to Cabelas in Wheeling has trees growing through the asphalt in the parking lot. Plywood on the windows. Closed. So if they were getting traffic at Cabelas. That restaurant would be open. And busy.