Dead zone Octane

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joeyd50

Dead zone Octane

Post by joeyd50 »

Hi guys, can someone tell me how to set this scope, it came with my grizzly, this is the Deadzone Octane without the 10 yard mark, it has a crosshair to start at 20 yards then 4 more marks out to 60 yards. I have no problem except what to do with the speed adjustment dile.
longbow joe

Re: Dead zone Octane

Post by longbow joe »

Start out with the speed set at the280 - 290 mark that should get you close.sight in at 20 yards then try 30 and 40 yards.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

After getting it dialed in at 20 yards put the elevation cap back on your scope.....that parts done. :wink:

Moving to 40 yards, set your speed ring in the area stated above... this will get you close.
Then using the 40 hard crosshair ( second below the main 20 yd one ) Shoot, preferably at a measured off distance while using a solid rest. Any elevation changes needed at this point are made by changing the speed dial on your scope as rotating it alone will change the point of impact up and down... experiment a little :wink:

If your shooting on a very calm day with no side wind effecting your side to side impact point, You can at this point very finely tune in the windage adjustment at the 40 yard range... Upon completion, go back to 20 yards and verify that your still on target... You should be, as well as at other marked and measured yardage ranges in your scope.

I have found the Dead Zone to be one of the better scopes offered by Excal. ( exhibiting less reported warranty issues and IMO better clarity than even some of the more expensive models they offer with more "Bells and Whistles.)

I hope this helps you accomplish your needs as far as getting your scope dialed in. However, keep in mind that unless you insure all stock, trigger, and both scope ring and base screws are tight :wink: the recoil exhibited when shooting, will quicky loosen them up making all of your sighting in efforts in vane.
A very small amount of clear nail finish or blue loctite goes a long way in insuring they remain tight.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Bunda62

Post by Bunda62 »

If your hitting low at 30 40 etc turn speed to a lower setting.If hitting high turn speed to a higher setting.
joeyd50

Post by joeyd50 »

Great info guys thank you very much, should be able to tighten things up now.
Thanks Again
Joe
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:12 pm
After getting it dialed in at 20 yards put the elevation cap back on your scope.....that parts done. :wink:

Moving to 40 yards, set your speed ring in the area stated above... this will get you close.
Then using the 40 hard crosshair ( second below the main 20 yd one ) Shoot, preferably at a measured off distance while using a solid rest. Any elevation changes needed at this point are made by changing the speed dial on your scope as rotating it alone will change the point of impact up and down... experiment a little :wink:

If your shooting on a very calm day with no side wind effecting your side to side impact point, You can at this point very finely tune in the windage adjustment at the 40 yard range... Upon completion, go back to 20 yards and verify that your still on target... You should be, as well as at other marked and measured yardage ranges in your scope.

I have found the Dead Zone to be one of the better scopes offered by Excal. ( exhibiting less reported warranty issues and IMO better clarity than even some of the more expensive models they offer with more "Bells and Whistles.)

I hope this helps you accomplish your needs as far as getting your scope dialed in. However, keep in mind that unless you insure all stock, trigger, and both scope ring and base screws are tight :wink: the recoil exhibited when shooting, will quicky loosen them up making all of your sighting in efforts in vane.
A very small amount of clear nail finish or blue loctite goes a long way in insuring they remain tight.

Gene
X2
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers