My homemade vanilla killer recipe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: My homemade vanilla killer recipe

Post by longbow joe »

Smells pretty good dont it?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 pm
Smells pretty good dont it?
Yes sir!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Funny all research says pheasants cant smell ...like a turkey but l used to use this scent over at a farm in jersey. Of course the deer liked it but there was a pheasant hunting club 2 miles down the railroad tracks and the pheasants that "can not smell"used to come walking up the tracks like it was crack or something right to it.l shot the longbow back then and sometimes l literally got 3 shots off before l finally connected with an arrow. If some scientist says a pheasant cant smell l think there full of it. In a period of 10 years l saw this time and time again smell or not whatever the vanilla brought them little tasty birds in. Lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I was thinking I may try to set up some kind of a drip setup out there and see if I can attract some
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Ok tired it two days ago checked the cameras yesterday and boy not even two hours after I left a couple of does and a 4 point buck came out licking and smelling. Usually they don't show up til 10:30 or later! Going to put some out today for this afternoon hunt :D wish me luck!
Thanks
Last edited by ihunt on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Delete double post
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have to run out and get some almond extract. But for shots I mixed a tea spoon of vanilla extract with a teaspoon of pure home made maple syrup. And boy does it not smell at all what I was expecting. Smells like bourbon, not sweet at all. Tastes delicious tho!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:58 pm
I have to run out and get some almond extract. But for shots I mixed a tea spoon of vanilla extract with a teaspoon of pure home made maple syrup. And boy does it not smell at all what I was expecting. Smells like bourbon, not sweet at all. Tastes delicious tho!
Drink enough of it and you will fall out of your treestand!!
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Sounds great and probably real good in your tea or coffee. ..may have to give it a shot. Around here guys make something similar but instead of maple syrup they use apple cider. A friend uses it in a spray bottle to get a meat doe every year and tells me they come in licking their noses.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

There is a Mennonite store 3 miles from me. I will have to pick up some almond and vanilla extract there since the wife doesn't want me to use all of hers for baking. :shock:
Maple syrup I have plenty of... I buy a gallon of the real stuff every spring from a local Mennonite. :mrgreen:
He has light, amber, or dark. I generally buy the amber stuff as I think it tastes better.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'm going to try this formula tonight and see what comes in! They make imitation vanilla that's really cheap instead of real stuff.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I just got back from putting some out in full view of my trail cameras. I'll let you all know what I get pics of.
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

ihunt wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 am
Ok tired it two days ago checked the cameras yesterday and boy not even two hours after I left a couple of does and a 4 point buck came out licking and smelling. Usually they don't show up til 10:30 or later! Going to put some out today for this afternoon hunt :D wish me luck!
Thanks
Well see my thread 'filled my doe tag' thanks for the recipe this stuff works!!! Went back the next day around noon to get my cameras and to my surprise the photos showed they were back licking and eating from 9 am till 11am that is the first time since setting up the cameras a month ago that they were out during those hours :shock:

Thanks longbow :D :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Tried it myself ! Racoons love it to ! Lol
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Congrats glad to help. We all know theres no miracle scent l think you gotta keep messin with the animals .l tried adding a little apple one time you can tweek it. But the standard vanilla seems to work best.When the rut comes use the vanilla like 25 yards back to lure the doe in and start using a plain doe urine( not estrus) just doe urine around your stand 5 yards out this combo has really worked for me over the years.l really like the new spray tinks kind ....no mess . I hunt every evening of the rut so l can use 2 spray cans a week. Good stuff.ln theory the vanilla will bring in the doe.....with a buck in toe .....and the urine will just be the extra confidence to bring em in. Plus more deer urine in the air helps to hide your human scent. I even hose the branches up top near me with it. It really hides your human odor. Remember if other doe smell estrus there less likely to come in and you dont want that.so regular urines good enough. Good luck lbj