Lumenoks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jcotrel1

Lumenoks

Post by Jcotrel1 »

I got my Excalibur Lumenoks from Cabelas yesterday. They are awesome! But...the shut off switch is a bit finicky. Sometimes they turn back on or don't shut off all the way. I'm concerned they will light up in the case and kill the battery. Anyone ever have this issue? What am I doing wrong?
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters
Smong2000

Re: Lumenoks

Post by Smong2000 »

I just picked up my first set of Lumenocks. Sounds like you are not pulling them out far enough. There are 2 small wires that make contact with the arrow and it's easy to pull out the nock so it goes off but a small bump turns it back on. I pull them out around 2 mm and seems secure. That said I am not hunting with them because they had a big effect on impact point and arrow flight on my 16" BEES. Make sure you test them with your hunting points...
mikej

Post by mikej »

You have to pull them out further to shut them off
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Jcotrel1

Post by Jcotrel1 »

Thanks guys! I didn't have a problem with the way they shoot. They shoot just like my other bolts.
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Go to their web site and they will explain every thing you want to know about them.
W.M.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Smong2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 am
I just picked up my first set of Lumenocks. Sounds like you are not pulling them out far enough. There are 2 small wires that make contact with the arrow and it's easy to pull out the nock so it goes off but a small bump turns it back on. I pull them out around 2 mm and seems secure. That said I am not hunting with them because they had a big effect on impact point and arrow flight on my 16" BEES. Make sure you test them with your hunting points...
Make sure your arrows are square. I use Lumenocks compulsively, (must have a dozen spares), and I weight match my plastic flat nocks with a set screw and they fly like darts out to 100y.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
janesy

Post by janesy »

racking up points wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am
Smong2000 wrote:
Make sure your arrows are square. I use Lumenocks compulsively, (must have a dozen spares), and I weight match my plastic flat nocks with a set screw and they fly like darts out to 100y.
I do as well, in fact I have a couple dead luminocks I use on my practise arrows before season.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

It is not your Lumenocks causing bad arrow flight .... :wink:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Smong2000 wrote:
WHat is your exact arrow setup? If you changed from flat BEE nocks to Lumenocks, you went from 6gr in the tail to 38grans in the tail and youchanged the FOC of your arrow. That affected the trajectory. Try a heavier BH and/or insert.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
venison

Post by venison »

I SAND THE END WHERE THE LUMENOK GOES AND WIRE BRUSH THE INSIDE OF THE SHAFT THE METAL CONTACT ON THE LUMENOK CAN BE TOUCHY MAKE SURE THE CONTACT DOES NOT HIT THE RAIL ON THE CROSSBOW AND SHOOT THEM BEFORE HUNTING TO DIAL THE IN WITH YOUR BROADHEAD OTHER WISE YOUR GOING TO REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T ... SOME OF THEM FISH TAIL COMING OUT OF THE BOW TURN THEM WITH IN LINE OF THE VANES TILL YOU FIND THE SWEET SPOT..
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If you are going to install the Lumenock you MUST square the nock end of your arrow to get good contact of the two wires. the wires Must be mounted horizontal to your rail. it may look like it will rub but it will be about 1/8 " above the grove . I have found that there is a diff. in arrow flight . when I practice I use a plastic nock with a set screw to make up the weight of the lumenock . I also found if you use them for practice with a hi powered bow 355 and up you can split the arrow with constant use. that is rare but does happen that is why I use the plastic nock with the set screw. I hope this helps you .
W.M.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 pm
Smong2000 wrote:
WHat is your exact arrow setup? If you changed from flat BEE nocks to Lumenocks, you went from 6gr in the tail to 38grans in the tail and youchanged the FOC of your arrow. That affected the trajectory. Try a heavier BH and/or insert.

Respectfully 28 grains ...
Last edited by sproulman on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

venison wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm
I SAND THE END WHERE THE LUMENOK GOES AND WIRE BRUSH THE INSIDE OF THE SHAFT THE METAL CONTACT ON THE LUMENOK CAN BE TOUCHY MAKE SURE THE CONTACT DOES NOT HIT THE RAIL ON THE CROSSBOW AND SHOOT THEM BEFORE HUNTING TO DIAL THE IN WITH YOUR BROADHEAD OTHER WISE YOUR GOING TO REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T ... SOME OF THEM FISH TAIL COMING OUT OF THE BOW TURN THEM WITH IN LINE OF THE VANES TILL YOU FIND THE SWEET SPOT..

no expert here but I keep the lumens level with the rail.arrow is high enough above rail that the contact points do not rub rail...They work fine ...
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I love my lumenoks. The added weight at the rear of the arrow did change my arrow flight a little but I sighted in and practice with that setup and its good to go. One thing to note is that on carbon shafts, the little contact wires will eventually make little concave dents in the end of the shaft and can cause a poor connection resulting in weak lights and/or flickering on and off. I re-squared the knock end and fixed the issue. Just something to be aware of if you shoot them a lot.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Kegbelly wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm
I love my lumenoks. The added weight at the rear of the arrow did change my arrow flight a little but I sighted in and practice with that setup and its good to go. One thing to note is that on carbon shafts, the little contact wires will eventually make little concave dents in the end of the shaft and can cause a poor connection resulting in weak lights and/or flickering on and off. I re-squared the knock end and fixed the issue. Just something to be aware of if you shoot them a lot.
good info .Thanks