Micro Split Limb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xs109c2

Micro Split Limb

Post by xs109c2 »

One of my 335 Micro's has a split limb on the right side! Whom do I contact about getting replacement limbs? First problem out of my six Excal's! Thanks for the help.........................
Excaliber Exocet & Relayer25
Ten Point Phantom
janesy

Re: Micro Split Limb

Post by janesy »

On the website, fill in a claim. If in the US call Danny Miller. You will be fixed up before you know it
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Woody's handles the warranty claims for Excalibur you need to fill out a warranty claim on line and you will get an RMA number for it .
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

My Micro 355 split a limb last week too and I called Dan Miller. He had me ship front end to him and called when he received it to tell me Excal is sending him a new front end to send me. Seems like an extra step in there but I am happy to get it replaced and he is a GREAT guy to deal with. He got mine this past Monday so we will see how long it takes for full resolution.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Smong2000 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 am
My Micro 355 split a limb last week too and I called Dan Miller. He had me ship front end to him and called when he received it to tell me Excal is sending him a new front end to send me. Seems like an extra step in there but I am happy to get it replaced and he is a GREAT guy to deal with. He got mine this past Monday so we will see how long it takes for full resolution.
So have you got this new front Riser n limbs yet ? What is diff on it from the other Riser n front end ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Still waiting on my replacement, I will post when it arrives. Sure glad that I have a backup bow...season starts Saturday.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

My limbs came from WOODYS..You will notice that camo is lighter color on new limbs does not match the rest of bow ....
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Yeah lighter color (pinkish) my cheek pad is lighter than rest of bow. Micro335
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:28 am
So have you got this new front Riser n limbs yet ? What is diff on it from the other Riser n front end ?
I had this same issue with my Micro 335 Gen 1 a couple weeks back. Got an RMA and shipped to Woodys on Monday, received replacement front end back on Friday and hunted with it Saturday. Considering this is the peak season, I was impressed with the turn around time. Others may not get as lucky because I'm less than a three hours drive from Woody's.

As for the replacement, the camo matches my Gen 1 Micro 335 perfectly. If the shade is different, I can't see it. Based on the current web site photos, the replacement looks more like a Micro 355 riser design than what is displayed for the Micro 335. It has one larger hole on each side of the riser instead of the series of cut outs making four smaller ones. The finish is same as my Micro 335 rail. The geometry is different too. The bumpers now rest about 3/4" farther up the rail, so the string mark on the rail is no longer a valid reference. Yes, this means that the power stroke appears shorter too. From the bumpers to the back of the latches when latched is roughly 9 inches. But, there is no loss of performance. It crossed my chrono at 338 fps with a 354 grain arrow using the stock string.

After hunting with it Saturday before last, I took it to an archery shoot and tossed 50 arrows with it. Then took a doe with it last Saturday. If anything, I like my Micro 335 even more now than I did before if that is even possible.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

DuckHunt wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:49 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
I had this same issue with my Micro 335 Gen 1 a couple weeks back. Got an RMA and shipped to Woodys on Monday, received replacement front end back on Friday and hunted with it Saturday. Considering this is the peak season, I was impressed with the turn around time. Others may not get as lucky because I'm less than a three hours drive from Woody's.

As for the replacement, the camo matches my Gen 1 Micro 335 perfectly. If the shade is different, I can't see it. Based on the current web site photos, the replacement looks more like a Micro 355 riser design than what is displayed for the Micro 335. It has one larger hole on each side of the riser instead of the series of cut outs making four smaller ones. The finish is same as my Micro 335 rail. The geometry is different too. The bumpers now rest about 3/4" farther up the rail, so the string mark on the rail is no longer a valid reference. Yes, this means that the power stroke appears shorter too. From the bumpers to the back of the latches when latched is roughly 9 inches. But, there is no loss of performance. It crossed my chrono at 338 fps with a 354 grain arrow using the stock string.

After hunting with it Saturday before last, I took it to an archery shoot and tossed 50 arrows with it. Then took a doe with it last Saturday. If anything, I like my Micro 335 even more now than I did before if that is even possible.

DuckHunt
Usually when the replace a gen1 riser with a gen 2 riser, they take the whole bow and replace the rail and riser to keep the 335. Other wise you'd now have a 315.
They did however replace a gen1 riser for me a while back that was a gen1 riser with some relief cut into the sharp edges.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

DuckHunt wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:49 pm
vixenmaster wrote:

DuckHunt
When my gen 1 limbs came back from WOODYS I called and said limbs are lighter..He said THEY ARE ..Only way to get close is send the whole bow to WOODYS ..This happened with my Beratta shotgun stock cameback wrong color real light had to send whole gun in to match it...
Our gen1 bows are shooting as high as 360fps with arrow that light .....I really do not want them to replace my riser ..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Micro.slayer wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 am
Yeah lighter color (pinkish) my cheek pad is lighter than rest of bow. Micro335
WOODY said they are lighter ..Only way too get close is send in whole bow ..