Re: 380 toxic b/h 8pnt buck

Post by Ontario Savage »

one shot scott wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 pm
Ontario Savage wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:48 pm
Congrats that's a beauty buck - what are you gonna do the rest of the season with so few tags handed out this year ? ? :) :)
He can hunt in Michigan like I do... lol
Yep, planning a trip to Michigan in a month! A friend and I went last year for an extended weekend an I tagged two deer. I cant wait!
And theres always yotes that need thinning at home,
AND I can always party hunt for deer with a bud in Ontario.

Thanks for the congrats guys.
Hey its a great spot to be in for sure...hope you and brch fill yer Michigan tags as well!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Nice Buck! Congrats!
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

NICE Buck... Great job...
SEW

Post by SEW »

Scott, very nice buck! What is your limit where you live? As a Canadian, is there much of a hassle to hunt in Michigan?
We get 2 buck tags here in Arkansas. It's hard to decide on whether to shoot or not; but we do have it better than some other places. Our Archery season is short: Sep 23-Feb 28. No breaks or time out. :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

SEW, in my wildlife management unit (wmu) we are able to buy a deer license with a seal which is a buck tag. We then have to apply for an antlerless draw which if successful (deer number are low, not many have antlerless available) gets attached to the original tag so that we can kill a buck or doe. But only one or the other! 1 deer. If deer numbers are high then after the antlerless draw has ended if there are tags remaining they get sold off first come: first served as "additional deer seals" Deer archery season is oct 1-dec 31

lol. so, for my 1 hour of hunting I paid (roughly):
$45 +/- for my license/buck tag
$45 +/- for my antlerless (this means over $90 for a chance at 1 buck OR doe)
***(Please don't think im complaining about my successful hunt!!)

we also have to apply for a "controlled hunt" gun season in my WMU which really means just shotgun or muzzle loader. We have a choice of a week in Nov or a week in Dec. One or the other. Not both. For this hunt you use the same tags (seals) that we purchased for the archery season.

so it would seem I'm out for the season, including the shotgun hunt. But not really. I am able to "group hunt" with a buddy if he has a tag available

As a Canadian its fairly easy to hunt in Michigan. Archery goes across the border much easier than firearms so no hassle there. I will buy two tags in Michigan, a buck and a doe tag. I think there was a base license included in the cost there as well. I thought It cost me close to $200 but my hunting partner recalls just over $100. In two weeks we will find out for sure. When it comes to bringing deer home it has to be deboned. If we have a buck that we want to keep I think the taxidermy must be done b4 it comes across to Canada.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-