Meat Eater T.V. Series

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Meat Eater T.V. Series

Post by Hi5 »

I just watched a bunch of Steven Rinella's "Meat Eater" on Netflix. I haven't seen the entire series of episodes, but I must say I've been very impressed. He shows game being hunted, being processed and even some being cooked and eaten. It's done in a matter of fact manner, too, not the normal, exaggerated, "Reality TV," fare. His commentary is articulate but "down to earth".

In a couple of episodes he spends some time with South American natives, hunting and fishing, and eating what they kill and prepare. That was worth watching.

Of interest to The Big1 (member of this site) he shows a coyote being prepared, cooked, and eaten. In the context of the other episodes I wouldn't consider it a stunt. He was just making a point.

I'd say that "Meat Eater" was a series well worth watching, in stark contrast to the other garbage "Reality" shows being offered.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Re: Meat Eater T.V. Series

Post by janesy »

I've enjoyed that series. Focus more on the before and after. Doesn't focus on the kill shot like most wild TV offering.
Also, aside from one episode where he leaves the label on his savages for his co-workers, I don't think he ever tells you what brand rifle or ammunition he'd paid to use. Although he does sport fair bit of Sitka. Kinda nice to not have to have that jammed down your throat.
I used his meatloaf recipe, damn good
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mikej

Post by mikej »

I thought I was pretty good as well my favourite was the moose hunt
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Bunda62

Post by Bunda62 »

Mear eater and relentless pursuit the only good hunting shows on tv and mabey Tiffiny.
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I agree, well made series.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I have been watching Meat Eater for several years and consider it to be the best hunting show on TV. Steven Rinella is the real deal.

His books are a very good read and I regularly listen to his podcasts which I find to be interesting, informative and entertaining!
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

mikej wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm
I thought I was pretty good as well my favourite was the moose hunt
i think it was the moose hunt where they went in the brush on a wounded moose and when it charged them steve didn't shoot right away... i think he forgot to work the bolt or didn't work it correctly but if i remember he went ass backwards on the charge. i was waiting for the replay to see what happened but they never showed one which led me to believe that he screwed up somehow. other than that his hunts seem real and he shows misses & "unsuccessful" hunts as well as when he gets his animal.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE