crossbow broad heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

crossbow broad heads

Post by hunter with MS »

I am wondering how many are using crossbow specific broad heads ? I know most are just beefed up Regular broad heads .
ihunt

Re: crossbow broad heads

Post by ihunt »

I for one use G-5 Striker 'crossbow' specific as there are two models available one for xbow the other for bow.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I use crossbow specific when I use Swhackers so it doesn't damage the brass inserts and shafts when opening. Another option is to use a dremel tool and grind a little off the back of the wing blades on original heads but I don't like the thought of weakening them.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Mmiller385

Post by Mmiller385 »

I use the same heads I use with my vertical bow without any issue. I think the crossbow specific heads may be more of a marketing ploy. My 2 cents
Bowtech tribute
Micro 335
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I know for a fact that ALL NAPS are the same ... whether marked as a crossbow Broadheads or not! I have spoken to the techs there extensively and was told the only difference is in the packaging! I’ve been to their business in Forest Park, IL also. They are all the same. 😉
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

As crossbow hunters we have may broadheads to choose from and some broadhead manufactures have offered crossbow specific versions that in the most part are not much different than their regular archery broadhead offered at the same price. Rage and NAP come to mind.

If you like to use mechanical broadheads I very much suggest the crossbow version because they are built with more robust blade retention systems to handle the additional stresses associated with crossbows.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

I use the same heads out of my compound or crossbow
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Bunda62

Post by Bunda62 »

Broadheads for xbows should have 11/32 fe,rrules while most others should be about 5/16 .but regular heads work fine.
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

I use Muzzy Trocar 125 gr board heads. I personally do not care for expandables. I have had excellent luck so far with these broad heads and they fly just like my field points...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Most of my B-Heads fall under the one shot its History. My tract record here in the Ozarks is mostly in favor of hittin a rock if'en my arrow has a pass-through. On the other hand if'en its not a pass-through the deer usually breaks the arrow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I was using Muzzy crosskill in 125 grain early crossbow broadheads then I went to Muzzy crossbow trocar in 125 grain . I have switched to Muzzy trocar HBX Hybrid also in 125 grain which is the crossbow Broadhead it is very accurate . The worse Broadhead I have tried was the Wasp crossbow expandable it was torn apart before it ever hit the target that was off a Matrix 330 . I still have the head thinking about sending it to Wasp .